Considering getting a tattoo

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by zoso_the_hippy, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    @ROBSCIX
    tattoos done back in lets say he 70's and older they have more potential of look bad as the ink ages but I have seen ink look beautiful after about 15-20 years of the person having it and also it depends on how good the artist is.

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    There are bad examples of anything but I have seen people of advanced age with flawless ink...As I said the first time.
    I have seen people these days with bad examples of poor workmanship in tattoo's.
    You have to be carful who you get to do your work and that really hasn't changed from the 70's to today.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  3. theimported1

theimported1 Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti SLI on EK Blocks
    the part about tats fading as you age, I don't think is as severe as some people make out.
    One of the techs I work with is covered in tattoos, he is 60+, and just about all of his ink still looks pretty damn good.
    He has tattoos from all over the world, he had some done in germany, netherlands, some out in cali done by someone at kat's place.

also I do like tats on a female, and I also do not like tats on a female, it is really all circumstantial and really subjective to the situation, and person.

btw-I do not have any.

4. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    must of been tired when I read your post but I re-read it and agree what you said some what,because for the tattoo to get bigger and stretch out would require you to be doing some heavy weight lifting to cause the muscles in the area of the ink to get big.In cases like that I can understand of touching up begging a requirement but if you some one who doesn't generally pump iron to get bigger you don't need to worry about having to put more money into it to keep it lookin good.

5. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    tats dont really ever fade BUT if you have a tat with alot of color the color tends to fade over time

6. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Seconded.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Actually, tattoos do in fact fade. Some even completely disappear. I've got a friend that's had her foot tattoo'd several times now....always in the same spot...always a different design.... there's never a tattoo there when the guy starts. Tattoos fade as skin cells die.

8. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    you friend must have some bad skin problems on the foot because the tats on my back,chest,and arms haven't faded yet. and the arm ones are 2-4 years old.

9. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Tats get affected by the UV in sunlight and will infact change. They tend to get blury or smudged if you don't take care of the skin they are on. Any tattoo artist will tell you. A little sunscreen with moisturizers and you can have a tat last for ever. If it did sart to fade the artist probably didn't go deep enough and a touch-up shpuld have been done.
    Oh and most respectable artists and shops will do free touch ups for 3 months after because sometimes it looks good while it's being done but heals odd due to scabbing and scarring and some lines need to be touched up. No respectable artist wants some clown walking around with a crappy looking tattoo saying he got it from him.