BioShock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S†v0r, Dec 17, 2011.

1. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    I feel sort of the same although I did play Bioshock 1 a couple more times. The game is really creepy and has a fresh atmosphere not seen in other games. I also liked some of the humor...like the a doctor saying his patients asked so many questions he sometimes had to make up answers.

But today I am really reluctant to get hyped about any game until I know whether it will be yet another dumbed-down console transplant to the PC. The shift to console first - PC second seems to have really picked up momentum of late.

After FC3 turning out to be basically a cartoon in terms of gameplay, that really set my attitude. Like you I look forward to Elite Dangerous. I hope Braben sets a new venue for serious game development in the future. It just might enable some fresh titles and a resurgence of more challenging gameplay for a change.

2. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    ok but DVD technology is tooooooooooo old!!

3. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
  4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Who cares, you install it once then that's it, is it such an effort to change the dvds twice?

5. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    Most PC's have BD-ROM because people bought EASILY the (very) cheap price of BD-ROM drive!! lool

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    It maybe old but its the cheapest and most reliable form of removeable storage we have.

Blu-ray drives are to expensive for OEM's to replace over Dvd.

Flashdrives - easily corrupted and no way other than for handheld gaming are devs go to sell their games on them.

Broadband, despite what everyone wants to believe is just not widespread or to expensive for large caps or an unlimited option.

Got Cdrs wjth some of my most important data on from over 10 years ago and still going hard, flash drives have lastd me 3-4 the most.

7. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    What I'm worried about is the difficulty, the first one was awfully easy that it got boring. still loved the game to bits, but man, the difficulty really ruined what otherwise would've been a near perfect game.

8. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I agree, there is a fairly popular mod that increases the difficulty of the first, and the PS3 version of the second game had a harder difficulty setting, so hopefully that will give the dev's a clue that players want some options for a greater challenge. Of course I honestly don't expect them to be that observant, so it will likely be the easiest one yet. I base that on nothing but cynicism of course, so it should be 100% accurate.

9. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    No, BD isn't expensive!

10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Looking at OCUK, the cheapest Blu-Ray drive is £50. In contrast, the cheapest DVD-RW is £17. That's a fair price difference, and a very expensive one for OEM's to pick up as standard. Especially considering the growing digital distribution market. I don't even have an optical drive in my main machine.

11. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    ATTENTION: Writer BD drive (BD-RE, DVD-RW/-RAM...) causes be expensive (£50/€65) but reader drive (BD-ROM, DVD-ROM...) is cheap. lool

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Attention: let's stick to discussing the game and not optical discs.

13. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I dont see problem there, change from dvd1 to 2, then 3 then back to 1 and done. Isnt it being released on steam anyway? Dont remember the last time i installed something from cd or dvd.

I havent followed this one at all. I think i will leave it until summer sales.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I dont mind 3DVDs also prefer 3 DVDs then DL 20Gb.

That's why i bought Rage retail instead, wait 20min or wait 2-3hrs, no brainer. :)

15. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    I have knew and I'm not bad nor mistaked!! If the game has more than 3 DVD-ROM's then it must change to BD-ROM.

16. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Good news, Infinite will have a mode called "1999 Mode"
    http://irrationalgames.com/insider/announcing-1999-mode/

17. ccorkin

ccorkin Guest

GPU:
    Ati Firepro v8800 2Gb
    This baby looks a lot less clunky then it predecessors...can't wait to delve into this one! Is it really the final BioShock?

18. TwoPlusTwo

TwoPlusTwo Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX Titan SLI
    This is easily my most-anticipated game of 2013.

19. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    I wonder how many people who played the first Bioshock also had already read Ayn Rand's, "Atlas Shrugged"? As I took the trip in the diving bell down to Rapture that was the first thing I thought of. I also really liked the period music that was playing all through the game.

I never bothered with Bioshock 2 after reading the reviews but Infinity looks interesting. Glad to see it is not restricted to "hopscotch" controls like so many games have succumbed to today.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    A interview, seems it's a few days old but it looks like it hasn't been posted here yet.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/15/bioshock-infinite-system-requirements-specs-pc/