ZxR Random audo channel cut off/swap

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by cryohellinc, Oct 17, 2019.

1. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/GTX 1060
    Hi guys,

Recently after upgrading to a new rig, I started facing issues with my ZxR.

Sound will randomly cut off on the left or right side. I am running the sound card in the headphones mode + virtual 5.1 enabled. Never ever had issues with this on the old rig.

Tied reinstalling the driver / rolling to previous driver version / onboard audio disabled, and all drivers related to it are deleted.

Found a topic with exact the same issues - https://www.mmo-champion.com/thread...indows-1809-Anyone-else-having-channel-issues

They haven't found a reliable solution, as "change to a different mobo" isn't a solution, in my opinion.

Windows 1903 x64
    Latest ZxR driver (27.09.19)
    Full PC specs in my info. All chipset drivers + bios + rest of drivers up to date.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    These cards won't work equally well with different motherboards. I've tried a couple of boards since I got my ZXR and the experience varies greatly.
    One thing you should do first is to disable fast boot (if applicable) and possibly try a differen PCIe slot.
    Apart from that, yes, a different board/brand might do the trick.

3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/GTX 1060
    I have made some extensive testing since making this post.

Different slots, no fast boot, reinstall driver, install older drivers, MSI mode combinations, various setting combinations within the driver.

Conclusion is the following - issue is on driver level and not hardware.

As right now, I'm running ZxR via Stereo mode @24bit 192000 hz and not a single issue.
    The second I set it to 5.1 surround, issues appear.

4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/GTX 1060
    After some days, bug happened again. Even in stereo mode.

Creative support is absolutely USELESS.
    "Can you please provide us with your headphones model " How is this even relevant.

Disgusting that hardware for 200 EUR doesn't work simply because you use a new mobo/cpu and dev can't make a proper driver.