Zotac RTX 2080 AMP EXTREME SLI VS RTX 2080 Ti

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by zeebaluch, Dec 23, 2018.

1. zeebaluch

zeebaluch Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 2080 Ti AMP-E
    Hi everyone, I just ordered couple of Zotac RTX 2080s AMP EXTREME for SLI with NVLINK. Here in my country RTX 2080 Ti is around $1650 and I bought these two beasts at $1700. Please tell me, did I make a good deal or just a bad deal? I'm pretty sure that these beasts a lot faster than RTX 2080 Ti but your opinion matters!!! I just paid $50 more and got two of these beasts. Please help me brothers.....

2. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    SLI will always have the edge but it also goes with, does the game support SLI as well as waiting for drivers to fully support the game. If the game doesnt support SLI yet you'll be stuck with 2080 performance. So its really preference at that point.

3. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    While they would be faster than a single card depending on the game, you'll have all the SLI profile and scaling headaches to go with it, even then a lot of game engines just outright don't support SLI and if you can fix it with a profile it usually has some drawbacks such as graphical glitches. Single card for life (for now).

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    If you are buying for a specific game that supports SLI, it was a good choice.

In general, SLI is a bad investment these days and causes more problems than it solves.

I ditched SLI this year for the first time since the early days of Voodoo and it is the best decision I have made in a long time.

DLG and Maddness like this.

5. zeebaluch

zeebaluch Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 2080 Ti AMP-E
    Will My Ryzen 2700x @ 4.2Mhz with 16GB 3200Mhz CL14 bottleneck RTX 2080 SLI? Or should I move to Threadripper 2950X or i9 9900K?

6. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    The fastest CPU core will feed the SLI GPUs so you should consider the CPU that you can OC to 5+ GHZ...

You can easily tell just by looking at all the 720p benchmarks Hilbert and others may have performed. That is the whole point of those benchmarks even if the user will be at 4K resolutions.

The total cores don't matter as much but 6 to 8 cores with HT should be good enough. Just get the fastest binned CPU you can afford.