ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme VS Core Edition

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Endriu1987, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Endriu1987

Endriu1987 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti AMP Ext
  2. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    The core edition has slower clocks not much but ... Look under specs for the cards and compare.

3. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    first link doesn't work for me. I wouldn't bother with flashing bios, overclock it yourself via MSIA and be done with it.

4. lowrider_05

lowrider_05 Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 1080tI AMP Ex
    I have the Core Edition and it is likely lower binned than the Extreme Edition, because the EE Bios crashed on my CE within 10 minutes of gaming, but i flashed the ASUS XOC Bios and could reach higher stable clocks with no throtteling because XOC bios has no Limits but it gets hotter with the stock cooler so i put an Alphacool NexXxoS GPX Watercooler on it and now it runs cool with 2050+ Mhz.

so in a nutshell there are 3 options:

1. Run it with stock bios and stock cooler at a mild overclock ~2000 mhz
    2. Try the EE Bios or the XOC BIOS with the stock cooler and hopefully get ~50 extra mhz with more heat and cooler noise.
    3. Do a Waterblockinstall and get more overclocking headroom with almost no heat and noise but you need to have a waterloop and some extra money at hand.

hope i could help you

5. BigMaMaInHouse

BigMaMaInHouse Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080Ti AMP Ex
    Hi. I have also got this card and for now I am not so happy, do you have metal noise on high Fan speeds? I found out that the metal back-plate little loose and it rattles on high speed- makes me go nuts.