Zotac 5 year warranty

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by knopper, Aug 5, 2021.

1. knopper

knopper Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX560
    hi,

i own a Zotac GTX 960 AMP! 2GB, which i have bought in December 2016 (before Christmas). link
    unfortunately the card died card yesterday which means that its showing green and purple pixels, and the whole desktop looks blurry.... the same problem i had with my GTX560 5 years ago.
    Then i remembered the 5 year warranty from Zotac.... but also remembered that the card should be registered within 28 days after buying. I registered the card...but a bit later, it was in March 2017, found the confirmation E-Mail.

So does this mean i can forget the warranty and have to buy a new one?
    Anyone here have experience with Zotacs warranty-handling? How strictly do you take the 28 days deadline for the registration?

thx

2. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    If you did not register it in time then i think a standard 12 month warranty would have applied from the date of purchase, registration is required to qualify for the 5 year warranty, if you have registered it with Zotac i suggest you login in to your zotac account and see if a warranty is active attached to your account.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  3. knopper

knopper Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX560
    I registered it.... but approx. 2 month later. So does this definitely mean the extra warranty is gone?