1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zombi

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Not judging the game at all, but am judging the effort employed by the developer for the PC version of the game.

In L4D I had headshot three Zombies, with no configuration required - using all manner of bunny-jump-frag FPS skills - in less than 3 minutes. In fact, that game remains the defacto FPS zombie game - and it was released 7 years ago. That makes everything worse, because this developer had 7 years to advance the FPS-Zombie game and they have decided to move backwards, dragging its noob footwear as they stumble into the darkness of their own arrogance.

2. Marcel

Marcel Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Very good atmospheric game with excellent optimization.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Regardless of which came first, my observation of ZombiU and what little i know of it, is that it appears like the comparison i made above. I may be wrong though.

Eg:
    Metro = Linear?
    Stalker = open

Zombi= linear?
    Dying Light = Open

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    I completed it on the PS4 this evening. I can't remember the last time my nerves took such a beating. The Nursery made my heart stop a couple of times.

One of the best games of 2015 IMO. Took me 11 hours, dying 13 times.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Zombi is linear, in a way. You can explore the areas... and are free to return to areas all you want. But, the story is a very linear path.

Where as Dying Light is more of an action game, with you leveling up from killing zombies and exploring, and only needing to hide at night. Zombi is all survival horror.
    One bite from a zombie will kill you. If they get a hold of you, you're pretty much dead. Your resources are also much more limited, ammo, health... bits of wood to bar up doors.

6. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x970,Gsync,3DVsn2
    When you get the injection with antidote from doc you will have one more chance in case a zombie catches you,ofc you have to use it while you are grabbed but still is the only way to survive the death bite.
    And you can refill it from few specific zombies

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah.
    But, my point there was that unlike other zombie games... you can't just take bite after bite and stagger away.

8. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x970,Gsync,3DVsn2
  9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
  10. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I really enjoyed this game on Wii U, but Ubisoft just shooting themselves in the foot again with a ****ty, low effort , low budget port on all fronts (XBO/PS4 can't maintain 30FPS. Keep the ****ty CA but remove the good looking dirty lens effect). Watch them be surprised when it doesn't sell the millions like it wants. (IE>AC )

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    +1 for both

Tempted to get this game, but I promised myself to get through my backlog first... stupid promises.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I understand that things like that should be an option. Switch on or off the dirty lens effect if you want it. But, really, I hate that effect.
    The only time I've ever been accepting of it was Crysis 3, were IMO it made sense since you were in the Nanosuit. With a visor.

Here, I don't see the point in it other then trying to make the game look more cinematic.
    Also... the dirty lens effect is still in the game...
    [​IMG]

Thing is, they've toned it WAY down. To the point it's almost completely invisible. But it's very, very faintly... still there.

As for the port, it's not a "*****y" port. It's a very minimal, bare bones port. But, on PC... runs ungodly smooth. Without v-sync I was reaching 200+ FPS. I've had zero crashes, controls are responsive.
    Allows full control remapping.
    Seriously, what did people expect from a port of a three year old WiiU game?

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I really miss the dirty lens effect in this game on PC too as it was extremely effective at not only adding a grimy, dirty post-apocalyptic atmosphere to this otherwise fabulous game but also helped mask the low-polygon models and low-res, flat-looking textures, which have not really been improved much in this game beyond readable signs. It should be an option, one that is enabled by default.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Even without the effect, I love the game. And the way it looks.
    Yes, it's lacking on the technical side of things... but, the atmosphere is so thick. Low res textures, low poly models... it doesn't matter.

The style and mood of the game, the gameplay... that's what make it.

15. Marcel

Marcel Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Update is out on Uplay and Steam although the updated readme file isn't very detailed on what was actually patched.