1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel announced

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2019 at 8:07 AM.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M
    So there has been a number of speculation. People are saying it's somehow linked to Midna or the world of Twilight, I think it's going back to Gerudo forklore.

If you remember back in Ocarina of Time, Ganondorf was Gerudo born, being the one male born every I believe it was between 100-500 years in the Gerudo tribe? Calamity Ganon as far as we know had no conciseness as Ganondorf did, he/it was just an evil being that destroyed. I think whatever this is, is that link between a single man born in the Gerudo tribe being Ganondorf the conciseness and body, and Calamity Ganon being the power and destruction. Here's a couple factors to support that,
    • Since Ocarina of Time, every form of Ganondorf has had a headpiece and longer red hair(even if it was braided and rolled funny :p)
    • Calamity Ganon's hair looks loose and crazy, while the "bone" figure's hair looks like the same shade of red, just rolled up and controlled.
    • While it may not be skin, Ganondorf has always had a darker green looking skin tone.
    • The red energy in the trailer is what was also Calamity Ganon's energy was, and if you look at the past Ganondorf's power was also red(even dating back to Ganon's origin being Demise having black/red energy)
    • When fighting the final form of Calamity Ganon, you had to shoot the eyes on the body. That head piece resembles that a lot.
    Also if you remember in the end of BOTW, Zelda and Link did not destroy Calamity Ganon, they sealed it away. So my guess is at some point the body and the power seperated, and the body is calling back the power now.

dark_surge likes this.
  4. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I hope they can try something different this time. Maybe have Link save Zelda from Ganon.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    well you can have the easter bunny deliver presents at xmas but it wouldnt be the same would it ? :p

SerotoNiN likes this.
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Nope, if you watch the cutscene again that was not a sealing spell. Zelda first hits Hog ganon with a pulse that prevented it from maintaining its form, then she outright purified that conscious mass of malice that embodies the calamity.

and we get a nice
    [​IMG]

The malice is also not flowing towards the corpse, but seeping out of it.

Supporting the idea that this ties in twilight princess is

1> There is a wound on the chest (Ganondorf died with a sword in his chest)
    2> The corpse's neck is snapped (A twili snapped his neck)
    3> There was very little references to TP in BOTW otherwise.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019 at 10:01 PM