Zeitgeist: Addendum

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Sash, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7065205277695921912

just advertising the movie... its really good

to admins: i do NOT assume any responsibility for future flame wars on this thread

i am just spreading the link

Zeitgeist: Addendum, a 2008 documentary film produced by Peter Joseph, is a continuation of the film Zeitgeist, the Movie. The film discusses the Federal Reserve System in the United States, the CIA, corporate America and others, concluding with the advocating of the Venus Project, created by social engineer Jacque Fresco. The movie premiered at the 5th Annual Artivist Film Festival in Los Angeles, California on October 2, 2008, and was released free online on October 4, 2008.[2] According to director Peter Joseph, the film "attempts to locate the root causes of this pervasive social corruption, while offering a solution". In conclusion, Addendum stresses the need for belief systems to embrace the ideas of emergence and interdependence and outlines concrete steps that can be taken to weaken the monetary system. The film suggests actions for "social transformation", such as boycotts of large banks, the mainstream media, the military and energy companies; rejecting the political structure.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  2. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    So, what do you think, Sash?

I'm not going to match this 2 hour video just for the fun of it. Could you please give us a short summary and your thoughts on it, so that we can discuss this?

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/statement.htm

3. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    ok here is what i think... that many stuff from the movie is true, and this explains the economical crisis, you must see the movie then this will make much more sense.
    The Venus Project is a really good idea also

4. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    This should be posted to every forum and spread through the internet ( world ) as fast as possible ! And should be posted in every section of this forum as sticky, because everything discussed in those sections is depending on this.

5. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
  6. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    If it is not libertarianism then Alex won't like it. And that man sees conspiracies everywhere...no wonder, that's how he makes his living.

7. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Nothing has changed on these forums. The person starting the thread is definitely responsible for it, and WILL be held responsible.

You're the one initiating the thread and the topic, therefore it's your problem if things go wrong.

8. dan182

dan182 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Connect 3d X1900 XTX
    i liked the first one, about to watch this one. it looks good!

that man annoys me. i guess its just his voice...

9. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    i like this movies too. but just keep in mind, that xou should watch it and think about it, bild your own mind.. dont believe everything, this is just a little push too think more about human, economyy, etc...

i also think some is thru some you just cant prove or disaprove..

but it tells me one thing, and that is that we have to think more and get back to basics, and that we have to realize that the world isnt that cool than a lot of people think especialy the rich ones..

anyway,, just watch it, and make up your OWN mind...

greetz Beta

10. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Definatley make your own mind up about it, but its not exactly forcing it in there.

Worth a watch ;)

11. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    i finished it^^
    strange feelings in me^^ like kinda i allready knew all that but didnt really realize^^
    i guess a lot of it would really make a difference and changes a lot..
    like that termal power, why the hell arent we doing that insted of building new atom power plants. i dont get this idiologie at all.

sound really interresting, really everyone should watch it..
    nothing really changed in time, nothing , still like in times where slavery was normal.
    we really need changes i guess, or our kids and theyr kids wont have anything left to have a nice bright future... dont ya all think??

WAKE UP!"

greetz Beta

12. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    we are doomed anyway, we will never change or lifestyle...
    in 200 years civilization will crumble - no natural resources and our minds will be full of entertainment by corporations like Viacon, we will be vegetables, i think something like Wall-E or Idiocracy showed or a mixture of both stories

13. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    We constantly change, did you fall asleep in history class. Whether the change is for the better or for the worse is up for debate i guess.

Life on earth has been all but wiped out many times before, we wouldn't be here if it hadn't (well according to main stream theories that is).

As for natural resources, if you had listen to the things said in Zeitgeist: Addendum you should know there is plenty to go around. Just not the type we depend on at present time. The universe is jam packed with natural resources, all we need to do is find a way to harness it.

14. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    let's hope we will do it soon

15. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    Agree, the problem is too many people are dependent on the old ways. Just think of all the people that got rich on oil.

Another issue is the monetary system, as clearly shown in the documentary. It will devaluate the true value of all resources as long as they are tied into the monetary system. They can dump and raise the prices as they like, it's all just a game to them. One thing is clear it can't keep going for much longer. Printing money does nothing, except use paper. It's a totally messed up system, not based on actual resources but on pretend money. The so called paperless society is even worse, if you can't buy stuff with actual resources and there is no pretend money, only credit, you will be totally enslaved, no credit no food, no water, no nothing. And you can't become self-sustaining as long as all resources are owned by some corporation. Yeah it's all doom and gloom but what the hell isn't anymore. Crises, wars...shiny happy people, glowing in the dark.