ZALMAN Z8 Mid Tower series with door type tempered glass panel

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. brogadget

brogadget Active Member

GPU:
    2xR9 280x 3GB
    What I would like to see is a Full- or Mid- tower, with an adjustable backpanel and PCI slots, for moving the motherboard in height like a kind of motherboard tray, in order to gain more (or less) room for top radiators/ fans. Maybe a c-case with such an "in height- adjustable" motherboard tray elready exists? I couldn´t find one yet. Somebody knows?

edit: some Silverstone cases do have an extendable motherboard tray, but only to pull out the motherboard, it´s not adjustable in height as far as I know.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    So what happened with Zalman? I thought they went bankrupt? Was the name bought out and it's run by another company now, or did they come back from the dead... or did I just hear false info?

4. Integralpha

Integralpha New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 SeaHaw
    Speaking of Zalman Z series, I'm waiting for the Z9 Iceberg case (especially the white one) presented few days ago.
    I know it's on the budget side but I think it's one of their best designs.
    I personally own the Z9 Neo plus(predecessor for Z9 Iceberg). Its old and not so fancy, but with the design and $80 price tag it declassifies the competitors IMHO. ;)

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Why can't these "airflow" optimized cases have at least 170mm CPU height, 162mm is barely enough for a CM 212evo.