Zalman passive FX100 Cube CPU cooler

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    the Zalman passive FX100 Cube CPU cooler has been cuaght on camera over at CES. Zalman demonstrated its upcoming FX100 Cube at CES 2013. It's massive heatsink designed to passively cool processors....

Zalman passive FX100 Cube CPU cooler

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 470
    I don't see passive cooling for current processors being a great idea.... case would have to have massive airflow...which eliminates most of the cases currently on the market....

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury OC
    That's big, passive is a bit strange but it might work on lower-end specs for those needing a PC build that is virtually silent. :)
    (I'd still like to add a fan on top of it just to be sure it's actually cooling properly but I guess we'll see how it does in reviews, highly overclocked i7's and such of course, heh.)

EDIT: Ah so that's how it's intended.
    http://ic.tweakimg.net/ext/i/imagelarge/1357796514.jpeg

4. NamelesONEMail

NamelesONEMail Member

GPU:
    Zotac 1080Ti Extreme
    This looks very interesting. I wonder really , can it not be good ?

I have an Thermalright Silver Arrow with an i7 2600k in my PC and i've run it passive just to see temperatures and i remember that the temps were fairly good , even in 100load.
    It was all at stock clocks , but still ...
    Normally i keep the fans on it at minimum RPM so that they don't make any noise and the temps are perfect ...
    My case is just a low-end Fractal Degin Arc Miditower with 2x140 in front , 1x140 back and 1x140 top , all fractal degin fans (which are not very good fans). I'm guessing some1 with a large tower case with something like Noctua fans should't have problems.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 470
    The rear case fan in that shot isn't going to pull much air through the cooler....but it's similar to what Dell used for years...just without the duct work.

6. ground_zero298

ground_zero298 Master Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    Can I put my ssd's in it?

7. grndzro7

grndzro7 Member

GPU:
    7850 @ 1200/1400
    it looks like you can attach a fan to the top and pull air through the fins. I hope someone will do a powered review with a fan on top.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  8. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 980Ti SLI
    Very nice for use in a HTPC, I guess. I never felt confident in using passive coolers. Even with my HAF 932 tower.