Zalman CNPS 10X Quiet and Extreme review

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

Zalman CNPS 10X Quiet and Extreme review Zalman recently released a new series of CNPS Computer Noise Prevention System heatpipe based coolers. The new 10X coolers include five nice big heatpipes...

More...

2. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Some of the pictures are not loading up

maybe thats my connection though lol.

3. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Thanks, very good coolers indeed.
    I was very interested to see a direct competition with TRUE rev.C or Megahalems along Noctua NH-D14. :)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  4. MountainLynx

MountainLynx Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 570 8GB
    Very much worthy of note: without a custom AM2+/AM3 mounting bracket (which the cooler does not come with) this must be mounted with airflow toward the top of the case, and is so large that it will interfere with the first 2 DIMMs on any desktop AMD board on the market right now.

Tried one in my rig. Had to exchange it due to this issue.

5. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    Not bad.

But I wonder why Hilbert didn't use a core i7 for the review. Don't they get hotter than the i5 series?

6. Norvekh

Norvekh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    Ah, that's too bad as I was thinking of them for such a purpose. Guess I'll keep looking for other coolers.

7. JPennStar

JPennStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    I just upgraded from the 9700 to the 9900 and my temps drops by 6C on load; so I'm very pleased with Zalman's newer products. When the price of this one comes down I'll be trying that one out as well.

8. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I purchased this cooler for a recent build I did for one of my clients but its such a huge heatsink that it interfered with the side panel which had a hugh diameter fan installed on it.. so I had to use a different lower profile fan which naturally didn't do as good a job.

This cooler though is pretty awesome.. does a great job and the onboard fan controller totally kicks ass.

I am contemplating installing it in my system to replace my freezone, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. If it doesn't work for me, I may be selling it in the near future.