z97 @ 4790k igp

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by kakarot, Aug 8, 2014.

1. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    Hey guys, wondering if this is an msi specific issue or if others have run into it with other z97 boards.
    I run my 2nd display off the intel igp and noticed that I cannot go over 512mb on the allocated memory without causing a bsod during the intel video driver install. At 512mb or lower there are no issues and it's not caused by oc'ing. The specific bsod is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (igdkmd64.sys)

2. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080FTWdt@2ghz
    Just wondering why you would like to allocated over 512 mb to your secondary monitor?
    If you are going to work with something that require that much memeory, i would suggest to hook it up to your gpu instead.

I use two monitors on my gpu and a third (tv) on the igpu.
    For watching movies etc i have allocated 128mb.

But i can try to allocated over 512 just to test out if it has any problems.

Edit: Looks like 512 is max i can set on my mb. (asus z97-deluxe).
    512 works fine.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GX980Ti Amp!Extreme
    Hm when I used it it worked fine with 1024mb, even now in passive mode for quicksync.

Maybe try different driver? I use this atm 10.18.10.3621, date 17.5.2014

EDIT: made some screens :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  4. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    Thanks much for testing that out, must be an msi thing. I've tried a few different drivers and they all do it so it has to be a bios thing. Currently on 512mb with the 10.18.10.3643 driver and no issues.
    Also no reason for the 1gb allocation. I mostly did it because i have ram to spare and because I like to max sh*t out :nerd:

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GX980Ti Amp!Extreme
    Yeah I set it to 1024 only because I have so much free ram, otherwise it ran the same @ 512mb

Also use 1gb ram disk for FF cache and still plenty left. 16gb rox :D

6. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    Yup, endless ram is great. Never tried using a ram disk but I will look into it for sure