z170 board strangeness

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by tsunami231, Jul 25, 2020.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So i noticed 99% time the system will boot fine, into windows in 10 seconds, but every now and then some time it will stall on the bios loading screen ( asrock screen with boot options in bottom right corner) some time it will sit there for 20 seconds before moving on some time minute + before start to load windows.

Is that something I should be worried about? Those is another one of the oddity i noticed with this board, like how some time the bios setting screen will random freeze for 10 seconds for minute then unfrezee and be fine

Asrock Z170 extreme 3.70 bios (old bios was same way)

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    check smart data for calibration retries

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    what smart data ? and were would i see that? I know s.m.a.r.t for the ssd/hdd

or do you mean the data screen on the bios when it booting up? cause I have asrock logo show there? if you mean that I will turn that off logo screen and see what that is saying when this happen.

Well i swith fullscreen logo off so it supposed to show that start up info no start up info was show other then bios info versions and what not,

your taking about that type of boot up screen? image

I get this
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U2pOnmSVKdNAHVv62go2sFNzce_5sBxh/view?usp=sharing
    which dont show any of that info about cpu/memory/hdd and other info

I do get 99 flash of 9c and a2 then 99 in bottom corner

with fullscreen logo off
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JMxTYJtVv1QTVBwgaWb6XzlAg_MzHOwU/view?usp=sharing

I have never seen screen like that on the system my old x58 board had bios screen like that

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    not what i wanted to see.

I look up some of those flashing code, 1 for for pci-e other was for ide, so i opened up my pc and re-sat my 1070ti and unplugged and re-sat my stat cables, power on my pc no picture no nothing, just 55 code which was ram, so I restat my ram A1 and B1 nothing, I then pull the ram from A1 slot and picture cam back that lil boot screen sat there cycle the code I see on board in the bottom corner screen after while it said and configuration failed several times. then it went to windows.

I was also see 00 19 9c code inbetween all this too

I guess this explain the usual long load bios times i see randomly. some thing wrong with my pc. :mad:

So i gona have my ram RMA seeing that stuff has lifetime warranty, next I will see if my gpu is still under warrenty and seeing if it is I will have card rma to rule out those 2 things. if problem happen, that leave motherboard and cpu as problem. and frankly if either of those 2 are issue I rather just build new pc. though I wish i didnt have any these issue cause frankly i dont ready to build new pc

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    :s hope its just a ram issue.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    hope it ram last thing i want to have is issues with the pc.

As it is my TCL s515 has been have issue with input lag happen cause gamemode is getting glitched and getting stuck off since the last tv update.

Gamemode switch on/off is supposed to make the screen flicker when it is turned on or off, but seen the the last update it randomly getting bugged and when it dont flicker when switch on/off it is bugged. which i dont even need to do to notice the input lag, every time i turn my ps4 to use i need to restart the tv just to not have input lag:mad: and the glitch is on effect all inputs can when it happen switch gamemode on/off on all input results in no flicker till.

And other then me they have no reports of such issue. But simple restart tv fixes it. ironically my pc is only input not effect by input lag when it get glitched cause PC input is in computer mode which disable alot more process that reduce input even more, then just gamemode that and pc is using a wired controller. but even the pc input switching gamemode on and off when bug happens results in the screen not flicker. until the tv is reboot like all other inputs.

I swear i hate technology.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    asrock was very little help but i guess i was lucky i got english talking person and seeing most thing he told me I knew, they say 4C is ram 55 could be MB/CPU/Bios and Ram, Which i am probably get variant of the 4c/55 code when I get this long bios load time which probably giving me that configurations failure happen several times, I will have to see what code I getting flashed this happen next.

he kept talking about its windows and SSD causing unusual long bios times. he said the
    99 = monitor has image ( Maunal states this could be pci-e device) which why re isntall my gpu
    9C = info ( usb initialzed from whant read)
    A2 = info (been reading this is ide error) why unpluged all sata cables and replugged them
    these i can just ignore

at same when I asked him what 92 99 listed in manual meant by pcie device error he said that generic and that it may or may not mean that depending on the device...

I then asked him what BSoD that said null pointer meant he said ram or software which i already knew. and see that BSoD few months back cascade into bios getting corrupt and flashing 4C 00 19 which he said one them was ram which when switch to bios 2 and got 55 error no screen at the point switch back to bios 1 and flash 3.70 everything back normal, short of the random long bios start up times I been getting. when I told him I re sat my gpu and unplugged all my stat cables and start pc up I got 55 code and no screen he said cpu/mb/or ram when resat the ram 55 error with no screen pull one ram image was back system booted after that several reconfiguration error and rest. most these codes error are reference ram.

I gona rma ram as first thing and I and see what evga think when i tell them 92-99 code could or could not mean pcie device error. seriously hope it the ram cause if it mb/cpu this pc will probably out right fail before I build new pc, this pc isnt even half as old and my old i7 920 build.

I didnt not like my x58 board I got from evga so I never wanted to get evga MB again though most the issue I was having was x58 board seem to be issue with x58 in general. but I never had any actual 55 or other ram error code, I had problem with getting ram that 100% compatible with the board that resulted in losing ram and random. after I found set I had no issue.

Prior builds where all Asus, 4 of them not single issue with board or cpu memory.

had no issue till the BSoD

One thing I noted is these "full screen logo" if there error happen like said "configuration failure several times" error is happen the "full screen logo" should be show it and not hiding.

Sorry is this turn in to rant I get very agitated when stupid happen to computers and more so since i figure out i dont want to deal with trouble shooting them anymore even when it mine.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Got the new rma ram installed it and was greeted b4 code which usb device error according to my mb book which seem to be randomly happening with randomly long post times but so far no configuration failed several time error.

Needless to say i not to happy as i was not getting the b4 code prior to install the rma ram.

currently running memtest and then window memory diagnostics test ram. Did i mention i hate tech and troubleshooting it these days

if itcontinues gona put back old ram see it stops i swear if the motherboard is going....