Z-Tweaked 82.12 out!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by Aaron123, Jan 3, 2006.

1. FNK

FNK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    I agree, they're good!

2. OCZSpeedJunky

OCZSpeedJunky Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x MSI GTX465 SLI'd
    82.12 Z's

Time to give'm a try. I had the last one, but then went to the 83.20's to try those. After I try these out, I am gonna test out the 83.40's, so I'll let everyone know how the 83's compare. Back in a few.....
    :rock: :givebeer:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2006
  3. kevinti2005

kevinti2005 Member Guru

GPU:
    X1950Pro 512MB AGP - Cat 7.11 + CCC
    Since using Z-Tweaked 82.12, I'd never looked else where even when all those 82.xx, 83.xx even 84.xx statred to popped up in just one short week!

But, after trying FW 83.40, I'm very x 10 impressed with the speed and smoothness! It might just be the next BIG one!

Since this driver came form Sparkle, it might had been Sparklingly-Tweaked by them! :)

4. OCZSpeedJunky

OCZSpeedJunky Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x MSI GTX465 SLI'd
    Z's 82.12's

Great drivers. Got a big pretty decent gain in 3DM05 & 06, over 150+ points on both, which is better than any other driver has done thus far. Nice drivers Zeph! Kudos! :cheers: :rock:

5. mr_47

mr_47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MS GTX680 Lightning
    not nice!

revert back to 82.12 official beta

3dmark06

from 17++ down to 14++

bad bad bad!

6. texasrattler

texasrattler Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    I have the 6800 gs co agp 256(better version than the original 6800gs) and was wondering if I just simply messed with the global/advanced settings, I could basically get the same results as most people in here are getting? I can't test this driver due to the fact I have gs card and the modded driver hasn't yet supported this card.

7. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    You could add the lines for your card to nv4_disp.inf, though I'm sure some one will probably do that enventually.

8. FNK

FNK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    Not possible, or I don't know how. It's a packed driver, then it auto erase, in the temporary folder.

But Yes I want them back, i really miss them.

Please, do a GS version of it!

9. tanivula

tanivula Member

GPU:
    xfx 6800gs (16x1, 6vp) 400/1000
    yeah, i got bored and did this... drivers are pretty good :) nice work dude, looking forward to the 83.40 z tweaked version! hehe

FNK, goto install the ztweak exe, when it says it cant find any supported card - dont push ok! go into windows explorer and navigat to C:\Documents and Settings\[insert your windows username here]\Local Settings\Temp

in that folder do a search for nv4_disp.inf (or any other file you would usually find in a nvidia driver install!) and then copy and past that directory somewhere.

the way i went about adding a line was comparing the inf that was in the 82.12 that came with the card and the ztweaked one, noticed one line missing in the nv40 section of the device ids. theres probably other stuff that changed but the drivers installed ok, except it says NVIDIA_NV40 etc etc instead of gf6800gs in display properties etc... ghetto mod! haha

Last edited: Jan 31, 2006
  10. FNK

FNK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX

Ho Ho!! Can you do a Zip/Rar version of it? Plz
    Or send me your version?
    http://www.megaupload.com/

Damn it, I tried to install the Zalman ZF700cu on my GS tonigh and it wont work. The holes are to tight!!
    Yes it's supposed to, but it's a used version that came whit no Screw, so the ones that worked whit my 5900 don't work on my 6800GS. Damn it sooo much. It took me a month to find screw this tight... :(

11. tanivula

tanivula Member

GPU:
  12. FNK

FNK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    But thats the one you use your self?

Edit: Oh yeah, THANKS :D

13. tanivula

tanivula Member

GPU:
    yeah, its the one i used...
    sweet as mate - tis what us engineers are there for, just hope zypher doesnt mind me fiddling with his infs

14. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    um... we used to have thos tweaks in our drivers we tested it out and they did nothing what so ever on performance... so they were taken out.

15. Billabong

Billabong Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX
    Yes, well, zypher and his fanboy club of newbies and the ooooh, ahhhhhh chorusline may be saying lots of good things but I saw very little increase of anything with this driver in 3DMark05 or 06.

I have moved on to the 83.40

16. repapips2004

repapips2004 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek A6600GT 128MB @ 500/1000
    Ok heres the real score of Z-Tweaked 82.12 driver...

I installed it yesterday on my 6600GT... My first impression is, IM DISSAPOINTED... After i install the driver, i check the rivatuner and found out the all the drivers optimization (for performance) is ENABLED! Also intellisample settings are all in HIGH PERFORMANCE!

So to be fair, i re con-figured all the settings to the DEFAULT NVIDIA DRIVER SETTINGS...

- Itellisample to QUALITY with Linear optimization and Anisotrophic sample optimization enabled.
    - AA/AF on application controlled instead of NONE/BILEANER (i think this setting is cheating just to improve performance)

Then i bench up from 3dMark2003, 05, 06... Now im impress but not much...

- Quality looks good...
    - Improve FPS on 3dMark2006 for about 12 FPS (before 1338 now 1350)...
    - 3dMark2005 FPS goes down (before 3200+ now 3188)
    - 3dMark2003 FPS goes up (before 7835 now 7850+)
    - Aquamark3 no imrovement....

Previous driver is 81.98WHQL...

- In-game performance? no improvement... stable but no imrpovement...

So for those who experience HUGE IMPROVE ON PERFORMANCE, i would suggest checking the quality, because your driver is running on HIGH PERFORMANCE and all optimization enabled (unless you change it to nvidia driver default settings)...

But i would like to give those guys who develop Z-Tweaked 82.12 a nice thank you for their efforts....

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  17. FNK

FNK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    On the FX serie, they are awesome. (5900)
    On my 6800GS the improvement is near none. But still... it's better than Stock 82.12

18. TheRealZepher

TheRealZepher Member Guru

GPU:
    Msi GTX 770 2GB
    As I have said time and again these drivers are set for performance, so its hardly surprising to find things set at performance, is it? :/

Anyway, I'm going to slow down on driver releases, I simply don't have the time I used to have. I'll try and get the odd release out but I doubt I'll be able to make as many releases as I have.

Thanks for the comments, positive or otherwise though. :)