Your vote wanted for charity ;-) .

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by jonerkinsella, May 3, 2011.

1. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480
    I hope I'm not going to get into any trouble for this . If I am breaking any rules then please delete the thread and accept my apology.

Hi.

My father is the chairman of the Lebanon Trust (Christy Kinsella). It is a charity that is registered in Ireland .
    http://lebanontrust.org/en/home.html

Ford motor company is having an "Unsung Hero" competition for the area my father lives in in Dublin http://www.unsunghero.ie/About

My fathers name has been forwarded for this competition and is currently in 9th place . If he finishes in the top ten the Lebanon trust charity will receive €1000 . This money would be of great assistance to the people of Lebanon and help the charity in it's work. If he could achieve 1st then that would net the charity €7500 but that seems unlikely now as the competition is closing in the next few days.

If you would like to help out the charity then please use the drop down box on the webpage below and select "Christy Kinsella" (near the bottom of the names). You then need to confirm your vote by registering your email address and then going to your email addy and clicking on the link that was sent to your email. I have been voting every day now for the last week and have received no spam or junk in return . If you could please do this every day till the competition ends it would be greatly appreciated by all the people that are helped by this charity.

The link to vote is http://www.unsunghero.ie/Vote

Thanks for reading lads.....and get voting

joner.

2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    voted, best of luck to your dad and the Lebanon Trust

3. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Done, and good luck.

4. jonerkinsella

GPU:
    rx480
    Thanks lads ;) .

5. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I believe this is advertising and forbidden here.

6. jonerkinsella

GPU:
    rx480
    You would say that.

I would not expect you to vote so move along and ignore please.

7. jonerkinsella

GPU:
    rx480
    C'mon lads...get voting for Christy.

Intresting fact about the Lebanon Trust , the secretary is a Physicist that worked at C.E.R.N

" Lebanon Trust’s secretary is Laura Bertolotto (third image from top). She is neither Irish nor a soldier, feels at home in Lebanon and has a long experience in volunteering. Laura worked as a physicist at the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN) in Geneva, Switzerland, and is now a company director in Zurich, Switzerland. " .

;) .

8. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Now you are just plain advertising. :bang:

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  9. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Brute Force, why is it you start aggressiveness where ever you go? You should learn to relax abit. There's a difference between enforcing the rules, and just doing it to be a plain dick.

He's a member of Guru3D asking us to simply click a thing to help a charity...he's not gaining anything out of it, nor is anyone else.

I see nothing wrong with this.

Oh I see you removed that picture. Smart move before the mods saw it.

10. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Charity begins at home!

I give some to local children hospital (Yorkhill) + SPCA and my family inc funeral attendees (instead of flowers etc) gave £6k to the hospital where my dad died of cancer in 2004.

There is far too many charities now esp foreign causes where most if not all the money never sees them.

A lot of "prima donna's" do it for self gratitude like pop stars who can afford to give a few £/$ out their millions asking us to give even more because they are full of it.

11. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    So then it wouldn't be wrong for me to ask to help out Daniel Maher on that list, the poor bloke is dying from cancer for gods sakes.

Not trying to be a dick, but this is the reason why advertising is forbidden here. This forum would get filled up fast if everyone pushed their own charity cause here.

But hey, the mods have the final word.

P.S. - I dedicated nearly an entire year to a non-profit charity that even went into war zones, so I sympathize. Excuse my tone for today, just had some bad news.

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  12. jonerkinsella

GPU:
    rx480
    Lads .. I'm only asking about 30 seconds of your time to click on a link to help some needy people. If you do not want to do that then that's fine. I have voted before on sites like Guru when other people have asked for similar help. It costs nothing and helps to make the world a better place..

So ... Please understand that there is no motive here other than trying to get extra votes for the charity that my father is involved in.

And most importantly.....Thanks lads ;).

joner.

I've had a chat with Brute Force and everything is cool ;).

Thanks again for your time and patience lads.

Last edited: May 6, 2011