Your views about the world conditions thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Deleted member 109358, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    OK. I've got my rug-rat to tend to anyway. Good God, babies are a handful. :(

2. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    What is it with these threads??? Anyways, I think everyone's view of the world's situation is based on so many different factors that a thread like this is going to cause more problems than it's worth.

The world doesn't suck any more or any less than it ever has, it just sucks differently...lol

3. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    thanks Gromuhl :) btw i'm not saying Classic Satch don't have a point or anything, i'm just saying we shouldn't always bash to make our point understood and the best thing to do is to just respect others opinion. period. :ying:

4. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
    [​IMG]

5. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    rofl :D

6. Joey

Joey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    - It doesn't suck
    - The world isn't going to go tits up
    - We aren't going to die of bird flu
    - The commies aren't going to take power from right
    - The fascists aren't going to take power from the left
    - The media isn't going to bring down western civilization
    - Movies aren't getting worse
    - Music isn't getting worse
    - Computer games are getting worse

Thing have always, and will always, be what they are..... better than they were before.
    If some how some sh!t hits the fan..... deal with that when it happens. When that's isn't happening. Wake up and smell the roses. There are people in far more difficult situations than any of us spoiled bastards typing crap into the internet. They don't whine... they don't have the time to contemplate their sh!tty existence. They are too busy trying to feed their kids and to "not die today".
    Get over yourselves and stop wasting your time bickering over pointless.... sh!t!

/sorry about all the sh!ts :D

7. dB

dB Ancient Guru

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    I belive that the world itself is doing alright. Theres really nothing super bad happening that is going to affect the world as a whole ATM. One problem I do have is the media, they say so much BS about other countries its a miracle they havn't started WWIII. The USA (as ppl seem to be mentioning on a thread thats supposed to be about the WORLD:question: ) on the other hand, isn't doing as well as it once was, and yes its all Hillary Clintons fault :p IMO.
    [​IMG]

8. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    Since the US is the only "Super power" in the world now a lot of crap gets pushed on us. We unfortunatly have to be the police of the world, which no one country can handle.

The US is stuck in this "War on Terror" crap, which is a war we will never win, we can't fight the "war" like it needs to be fought i.e. do what the terrorists do(fight fire with fire), because the rest of the world wouldn't stand for it. The war in the middle east is the next Vietnam, if not worse. Our troops are dying for nothing, and it's complete BS.

I say the world would be a better place if we could fight wars without rules, the terrorists don't care who they kill, why should we????

9. mike41

mike41 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560ti
    i think its alright for now but if gbush goes ****n crazy before he ends his campaign there will be more blood

10. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    You fight with rules, because if you don't, you devolve to the enemy you claim to fight.

The us has to police the messes they started. Afganistan, the CIA involvement in the central america, all the problems they are facing is because of their attempts to gain power through overthrowing democracies. Monroe doctrine was halted because no one wanted to put up with US run mafia governments.

Honestly, the world is a dynamic place, and people are capable of great kindness as well as cruelty. The church has yet to answer for the crimes of its past and present, but such is the slow pace of justice. The word "torrorism and war on terror" : are clever catch phrases designed to divert problems of poverty and other social injustices.

11. Diorama

Diorama Master Guru

GPU:
    OcUK 7900 GS 512MB
    I don't socialize because I just ain't a people person, but I don't understand why people care so much about other countries instead of the one they live in.

Don't get me wrong it is sad reading about people in Africa, but why are people so hell bent on "trying" to fix it? they donated millions yet what has it done? now I can go through a list of the things we can do with a few million pounds in the UK but no, nobody cares, Africa comes first and your own country gets the left overs.

The planet is bonkers, my views are different to other peoples and it always gets me banned/flamed, I even put up with **** from my own parents but I don't care :)

People SHOULD NOT get paid for sitting on there arse 24/7, my sister is 19 and she left school at 15, she has been on the doll pretty much ever since and is determined not to get a job, or do ANYTHING, yet they give her a nice house in a nice area and they pay for her rent..

Come on, yet people who go out at 8 in the morning and come home at 6 at night have to spend 400-600 pounds on a flat each month?

At the end of the day, if you want money you get a job, why should the government take tax from us to give to junkies who are too stoned to work, it's absolutely ridiculous.

And this Madeline Mcann thing, come on, as harsh as it may sound its ONE little girl, no doubt they go missing all over the world every week yet everyone is hell bent on giving this case so much publicity it actualy makes me wonder why they are doing it.

Still I can go on for hours about why the UK in particular is a **** country to lvie in but I'm happy to go out at 3 am in the morning, be home for 8 am and spend the rest of the day playing WOW, as sad as it is it's better than trying to earn a living and die trying, the way I see it, if you want a life get out of the UK.

12. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    So are you saying that the quality of life in the UK is lower than in most African countries? Is it lower in quality than most Middle Eastern countries? Is it lower in quality than Most South American countries? How about Asia-Pacific countries?

Word of advice. You make your own life. Ignorance is complaining about the sand between your toes because you have a beach front home.

13. alma

alma Master Guru

GPU:
    POV8800GT512MB/Dell U2410
    This thread seems more like "what do you think of your garden's condition?" than about the world's condition, 1 billion people living in richness (is richness the source of happiness?) over 6 billion people in the world speaks itself I guess...the problem is that the remaining 5 billion don't have a pc to post it's own opinion here so we can happily go on fooling ourselves about our healthy gardens.

14. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    Yes, it is. If you are middle (to upper class) family/person in africa the 'Quality' of life is allot better. UK is miserable and boring in comparison.
    MO (and every other 'africans' i know)
    But i get what you are trying to say to Diorama.

15. Infested Nexus

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M

16. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    Well yes, but im not really talking about life expectancy etc. Quality of life, like fantastic weather/people and being happy 24/7. Not so much statistics, but i must admit i don't expect you to understand anything but pie charts/stats and numbers Nexus.

17. alma

alma Master Guru

GPU:
    well so why don't you consider an exchange program between you and a Sierra Leone citizen? Maybe it's not all about stats but you're typing in your confortable chair of your confortable house, you don't sit on the ground covered by flies without a single glass of something that can be called water...I could even be an African upper class citizen but I don't think I'd be happy watching death and poverty all around me...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  18. Infested Nexus

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
  19. alma

alma Master Guru

GPU:
    TV is killing people...

20. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Africa is the forefront of what man made global warming is causing. That, and antartica. Because people never went there, they have no idea how life is. Desertification and famine are phenomenons that are becoming increasingly common.
    Wars are projected to be the only solutions for problems but all they cause is humanitarian crises.