Your views about the world conditions thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Deleted member 109358, Jun 4, 2007.

1. I just want to try to put together a thread where EVERYONE can post a comment on what they think about the worl we are living in at the moment, and what they think it holds for the future.

There will be no " flaming " of anyone elses personall viewpoints on the state of the world.

My viewpoint.
    It seems to me that watching the news isnt becoming as notifying as news useto be. I mean its just the same, things dont change. The media seems to thrive on broadcasting the " Bad " side of this world. I useto enjoy watching the news, but it seems to me asif its a doomsday channel.

Personally, im sick of living on this rechid planet. Its hard to find friends ( impossible ) and even harder it seems to trust people. I useto be a trusting person, but not anymore...i tend to view everyone as distrustfull...is that a wrong thing?? I also think the " atmosphere " of daily life has taken a turn. People tend to smile, but its a fake smile...no1 seems really geuinly happy.

I know why all these things are happening and i know exactly where its going to end...but i dont know when its going to stop. I think this world on the edge of exhistance...we are balancing ever so finely. We are going to fall, its enevitable...but its just ssad to see the decrease in moral and love fro one another as each year goes by...

Thats all i have, please post what you think of the world.

2. WCASD

WCASD Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
    My viewpoint:
    it sucks.:beam:

3. Valuga

Valuga Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD/ATi Radon HD4870
    SECOND!!! :D

4. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    while (1) do {echo "It Sucks"};
    :p

5. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    ok seriously though...

i think the world is not bad at all, it would've been bad only if we couldn't get out of our homes, live in constant fear, can't play games/surf net because some missile annihilated the exchange, freedom, cant eat or drink and so on....

considering other people disgrace and famine i'd say we're pretty lucky and shouldn't complain. sure the leaders of the world make mistakes and the ones paying the price is the citizen but then i don't think any leader is perfect, also i think some are worse than others.

perhaps my only concern about the world is the weather and mass destruction of trees/plants and extintion of animals + natural disasters, in this case i'd say the world is falling astray.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  6. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    media does suck..

too much bad publicity

7. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    i think the world right now isnt that bad.. and im not joking..

people will always say how "good the old days were" and thats rubbish, considering everything we live in a nice world.. the news was always depressing so i dont get the major change..

got my group of friends, can afford to have some good nights out, i really cant grumble..

8. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    its alright :)

9. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    Let's see, personally I'm having a good life. I'm studying, I have a fantastic girlfriend, a great family and friends. I'm not rich (students rarely are :D) Sure there are ups and downs, but overall it's pretty good to live in this age.

Great troubles are from all times, but here trying to look from "above": The greatest world power (the US) is turning into, or already is, a police state where democracy doesn't mean a lot anymore. They are afraid to lose power, but luckily they found a new "threat" to replace communism to distract the people from the things that really matter in their country: Terrorists.
    Terrorism is a bad thing and the US, the Brits, even my weak-ass country (the Netherlands) and extremist groups like Al-Qaeda are practicing it. Willingly or unwillingly (soldiers from western nation on a need-to-know basis are often a source of terror for the inhabitants of countries that they invaded ---> I'm not blaming them for anything here before gun4hire etc. start flaming me to death :p)

The balance of power is in question and some people think there will be a world war 3 starting in the middle-east, which is complete nonsense as a middle eastern country has nothing to win in a total war. Iran for example is just giving the greatest power in the world atm (US) the finger, and they can't do anything about it unless they want to completely destroy their own economy. Which is of course the trend: Democracy as the US sees it, which isn't fit for a lot of countries has to be forced upon them at all cost, while the population in the US itself is very poor for some areas, which is a total disgrace imho. I wouldn't want anyone to force me to adopt their system if it is so clear that it sucks.
    They are already falling from grace everywhere and some rising economic powers like China show that the might of the US is not what it has been economically (not saying that they're not still one of the bigger powers here, they won't be anymore in a few decades, but for now...)
    Anyway, if world war 3 will start, it's the US that starts it and I don't think they are THAT stupid (terrorism is from all times and the war on terror is a farce, so I don't see that as WW3, as some people do).

Russia is trying to show they're still mighty, but the country (if you can even call it that) is worth near nothing. Their greatest export good is wood, which is a shame for any modern western civilization. In 50 years the population of Russia will be half of what it is now because of disease and death cause nr1: Vodka.

Europe in the form of the EU is trying to show they're still incredibly great, but those days are long gone. It is the most stable part of the world though atm. Not the best, but overall it's going pretty smooth for Europe. It used to be an incredibly unstable region (remember WW1 and WW2) but it has come around and formed a pretty solid mostly economic union which give stability at last. Some people see it as a swallowing behemoth, but going back to the situation as it was with separate countries (with no central power regulating some of the policies) and the unstable situation that created is far, far worse.

The environment is suffering and nature is being destroyed for our "benefit", but we'll pay the price when the time is there. If not, we at least proved we're an insanely powerful ass-whoopin' species! :p

Oh, I'm on my way to become a historian: I thrive on unrest and trouble in this world like a parasite :bat: (according to one of my professors, and I'm beginning to think like this too: save me!)

Well, that's my view :)

10. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Wow, another delusional anti-US rant with little to no basis in fact. I'm not going to waste my time categorically refuting it because I've learned that no amount of documented fact and doses of reality is going to change some people's minds on this forum. Apparently many people actually believe the bilge spewed forth by the liberal media and those idiots masquerading as college professors. It's saddening actually.

You obviously don't live here because that comment was a big load of:

[​IMG]

11. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    1080ti
    You're known to see all criticism as an attack on yourself. Maybe it's because you live in the US that you don't see what it's becoming and how the rest of the world sees it? A little shortsighted are you here? because it wasn't an anti-US rant, it was a viewpoint of me on the US and in now way meant to insult people there, as the current government isn't even elected by the people there. It's system is just incredibly flawed imho.

If someone doesn't agree with you they're flatout wrong according to the Oh so incredibly wise person that you seem to be.

You're just being an ass here. Thats what that load on that pic came out of anyway :p

12. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Shall I repost that pic again because that's what you're shoveling? I LIVE HERE and what you're intimating is pure nonsense.

I'm being an ass? Some of you post the most ridiculous crap imaginable, I refute it, and I'm the bad guy? Unbelievable.

Oh well, I have a 3-month old to settle down. To quote Arnold: I'll be back....

13. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    1080ti
    What is here? the entire US? What makes you think you know all about every state in the US then?

edit: Sorry, you can't know, just as I don't. But don't claim you have the wisdom in check. That complete moron as president is proof that the system is pretty flawed isn't it? I don't care if his policies are good or not, he is pretty dumb as he's proven over and over again. I would be ashamed if he was my president (I'm pretty ashamed of the Dutch minister-president myself to be honest, but at least he had some intelligence until he wasted it completely when he became the lapdog of Bush. So I guess the system here isn't perfect too, but I'm not too uptight to admit it.

14. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:
    Asus HD3850 512MB @ 770Mhz/925Mhz
    I guess its alright.But people should start to care about our planet ,earth. I don't believe in Global Warming ,but cutting millions of trees everyday ,producing toxic gases and trash is pretty bad thing .

15. Valuga

Valuga Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD/ATi Radon HD4870
    NO.. i think they shall not.. if wer on earth then it spuose to be like this! wer just living one way we know, i hape global warming will come and kill as all -.-

16. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    As far as im concerned its pretty good.

17. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    Everyone is entitled to his opinion no matter how annoying it may seem regardless of how right or wrong the basis is. :)
    the fact is no matter what is said in this thread and how much anger you'll go through reading something you don't agree with, tomorrow morning you'll wake up in the same bed and your life won't be any different. why bother?
    the reality is that we live in the same world yet we create all this differences between civilizations, America, British, Turkish, blah blah, if you shoot an american in the head he dies, if you shoot an al-qaida terrorist in the head he dies, we're all going 6 feets under and the worms will eat the president, the poor and the terrorist.

putting pride aside would be beneficial to this world sometimes. :)

note - i'm not defending anyone, i'm just wishing nobody would fall into the same traps and have another thread locked.

18. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Whoops, just noticed this thread was about our views of the world's situation... Well, as long as I'm alive, healthy and satisfied, I don't care what the situation "looks like" from a political perspective. Darn, it sure would be nice to have a "Delete post" option on Guru3D...

19. SorienOR

SorienOR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    The state of the world is caused by two things.

First, the inevitable blowback from 100+ years of brutal Imperialism and intervention by so many countries, but especially 'the west' (US, Britain, France, etc)

Second, the uncontrolled rise of religious fundamentalism, and the enabling and protection of the fundamentalists by the more moderate religious.

The result is a world full of intolerance and hate, and on the brink of complete chaos. Which, of course makes the fundamentalists all giddy with excitement over the 'second comming'...which, of course, will never happen.

20. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    1080ti
    @Food: You're right, let's not get this thread closed. The argument has been spoken of many times before, so
    @satch: let's agree to disagree and leave this thread alone???