Your view on the world in 100 years...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Sparx, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    yeah boy, I was shopping around for one and it called to me. I'm looking at getting one sometime next month when I get my new card.

2. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    In 100 years, Microsoft will have finally waged it's final war. All the world will bow before the ephigy of The Emperor, Bill Gates, who after discovering the secret to immortailty after defeating Google in the Battle of WWW. A half dead web crawler was found to be carrying the secret to immortaility, which it had since sometime in the mid-90s, but had failed to report the find to Google.

Everyone's mind will be imprinted with WindowsMC (Mind Control), and forced to endure hours updating the WinMC so that thier brain doesn't BSOD (this time someone really will die). Mac users will be forced into the wilderness by Microsoft's patsy, Norton, and will live off the carcasses of WinMC users which have BSOD. The Tribe of Linux will constantly strive to defeat the all-powerful Microsoft, using propaganda campaigns, promising hope to millions of users a paradise of freedom and freebies. But ol' Gatesy will win when he gives the Tribe of Linux blankets infected with teh AIDS.

Prove me wrong. :p

3. Musouka

Musouka Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX970
    Video cards would be able to do ray tracing at last, hehe. However, nVidia, ATI, and Intel cards still won't be able keep a smooth 120 fps @ 7,680 × 4,320 when Cryses is set on High with 128 xAA. :nerd:

4. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Lol tell me you didn't just make that up.

5. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz

+1 for cross-thread reference. Zing!

UnclePappi:
    Make what up? I think I blacked out for a minute there...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  6. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    I think the same old **** will be going on, just with different ppl, newer technology and in different places. Maybe muslims will pass the torch of hate to some other race by then (Russians passed it to them). I'd put my money on the chinese myself.

7. Bleeq

Bleeq Active Member

GPU:
    Galaxy (KFA2) 8800GT@ 733
    And again just like a bleeding heart you go with the mud slinging.

you said it all "they fail to realize how dependant(sp) they are on nature"

So if we heat up the atmosphere we can just rely on your "aerobic and anaeorobic(SP) respiration" to fix it. After all it did 6,000,000 before we were ever here.

Look at new core sample found from 11500 years ago, Read about the mini Ice age.

Or just keep your head in the sand following the herd like they want you too.

8. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    soul8103: Don't pass off your misdirected hate at others.

Bleeq: Perhaps my statement did border a bit on slinging but you clearly have very little idea of environmental science and even biology, and its not helping.

Another issue is that people really no understanding planetary science and how the environment is changed.

I think the failings in the school system really isn't helping either. Science through experimentation and understanding is being replaced with something else. I just saw the "documentary "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed." and I seriously wonder what the heck are they teaching on those schools?

Of course it should be known by now the ice sheets are rapidly melting here is a nice article for you to read:

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    There will not be ray tracing in 100 years.

It will be...Ultra mega real tracing. =]

10. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Most likely in the next 10 years we'll see the death of dedicated graphics so in a hundred, we'll be using human processors.

11. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Global Warming is Real = I love the world, love me back. You are the dumb.

Global Warming is Not Real = STFU. I am the all brain, you will bow to me. And no, I don't love you.

In as little as 5-10 years we will see the end of the VGA card. One of those cores on a multi-core CPU will be dedicated to graphics, another to physics, and so forth.

12. Bleeq

Bleeq Active Member

GPU:
    Galaxy (KFA2) 8800GT@ 733

Sigh yea...

Its all us the all powerful humans.

Never mind the big burning ball in the sky as a possibility.

Never mind the ocean salinity migration.

you know what here are a feww links for YOU to read:

http://www.ourcivilisation.com/aginatur/moregw.htm

http://www.look-to-the-skies.com/global_warming.htm

A small quote for you from there.

September 12, 2007 - 300 Scientists Refute Global Warming

WASHINGTON, Sept. 12 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A new analysis of peer-reviewed literature reveals that more than 500 scientists have published evidence refuting at least one element of current man-made global warming scares. More than 300 of the scientists found evidence that 1) a natural moderate 1,500-year climate cycle has produced more than a dozen global warmings similar to ours since the last Ice Age and/or that 2) our Modern Warming is linked strongly to variations in the sun's irradiance. "This data and the list of scientists make a mockery of recent claims that a scientific consensus blames humans as the primary cause of global temperature increases since 1850," said Hudson Institute Senior Fellow Dennis Avery.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=20070315&articleId=5086

how bout this little snipet:

For those who saw Al Gore’s “documentary”, it was very convincing of its hypothesis that global warming is a man-made phenomenon that has the potential to kill us all and end humanity. After all, the film was filled with graphs and charts, so it must be true. Let’s just get something straight here, Al Gore is not a climatologist, meteorologist, astronomer, or scientist of any kind; he is a politician. And as we all know, politicians always tell the truth. However, as Al Gore’s popularity grows and with his recent winning of an Academy Award for his movie, the issue has spiraled into massive push for quick action and stifled debate, forcing many scientists to speak out and challenge the political status quo. A group of scientists recently stated that the research behind Al Gore’s film and in fact, the concept of greenhouse gases causing global warming, is “a sham”. They claim that in fact, there is very little evidence to prove that theory, and that the evidence actually points to an increase in solar activity being the cause of climate change. In Gore’s movie, he presented evidence that was found in the research done on ice core samples from Antarctica, which he claimed is proof for the theory of CO2 being the cause of rising temperatures. However, this group of scientists state that “warmer periods of the Earth's history came around 800 years before rises in carbon dioxide levels”, meaning that a rise in Carbon Dioxide follows a rise in temperature, rather than increasing temperature following rising CO2 emissions. And not only that, but it follows behind the rise in temperature by about 800 years. The group also mentions that, “after the Second World War, there was a huge surge in carbon dioxide emissions, yet global temperatures fell for four decades after 1940.” They also claim that the report given by the UN, which said it was backed by over 2,000 of the worlds leading scientists, “was a ‘sham’ given that this list included the names of scientists who disagreed with its findings.”

Do you want more?

Oh and as far as your way of thinking you may mirror this article more then most:

http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=406

13. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    Blue 5 I think you got the wrong end of the stick. It's more a chris rock parady (the batan of torch of hate). I love all my fellow men. What i mean is currently islamaphobia/fear of the middle east is rife. Before that it was fear of the Russians. So thus I am only stating that I wonder which nation will be under the spotlight in 100 years time, or carry the 'torch of hate'. My prediction is china will be next. Sad reality but that is the world we live in today.

14. Musouka

Musouka Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX970
    Whatever happened to quantum computing?

15. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Bleeq: I read the articles you sent. Son, if i was your college professor I would fail you. Badly. Your articles are from poorly referenced sites and unprofessional sources. Please try again.

those 3 points from The Nature Of Environmentalism by Philip Atkinson are random ranting of an idiot.

2)soul8103: My bad, I may have misinterpreted your post. Apologies.

16. Ant

Ant Don Michael Corleone

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D 9600GT 512MB
    GW again guys... and after you acknowledge temp bans are on the way!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.