Your TV could be watching you.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Parabola, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    The only thing I'm taking away from the article is that I shouldn't store anything personal/financial on my TV. I think that might have been a given for most of us here though. I don't think almost anyone gives a crap if they know what movies or TV shows that you watch, unless you are watching some seriously ****ed up movies on your TV.

Also, do some TVs actually come with a webcam and microphone? I've never seen one and I honestly don't know why you'd want or a need a TV with one.

2. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    Im sure ive seen adverts for them using Skype,

3. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    A: Play Dirt. Being flung about in a car at high speed isn't my paticular poison.

B: Play a game of any sort, I don't paticularly want to get shot or have to kill people.

C: If forced to choose beteen the two, I'd take the Sims. Neither is paticularly appealing, but I've honestly no interest in having children or commiting chunks of my life to someone else.

D: Neither, people break ridiculous world records every single day, and I can honestly say I don't care about any of them.

E: If forced, play Fifa. I've no interest in football however, and would honestly rather avoid it entirely.

F: Depends on the woman

You're essentially applying flawed logic to extreme examples. Some people genuinely want a quiet life, everyone is different. If someone enjoys doing one thing to the degree they'd happily commit their lives to it, all the power to them. They're different to you and enjoy different things. If we can get anything out of life it should be happiness, people should do whatever makes them happy.

4. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    If you look at my original post on the matter, I simply said I think it is a little sad for somebody to spend the majority of their free time browsing the internet. In the same way that I think it’s a little sad for somebody to spend the majority of their free time logging train numbers or sitting outside celebrity haunts for signatures. I’m not bothered whether they love it or not but we only get a single go at life, it would be a shame for people to get towards the end of it with regrets about the things they didn’t do.

5. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080Ti
    You're projecting there mate. Just because you think something is sad, it doesn't make it so. Ultimately, it us up to the individual to decide what it is that makes them happy. We don't know how many goes at life we get. That is down to individual beliefs. Even if we do only get a single go, it would be a shame if some people were to coerce others into doing things they wouldn't necessarily enjoy just because they hypothetically might regret it.

6. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    And i never said it did. But I did suggest it would be a shame for somebody not to experience the almost limitless possibilities before them.

7. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    1. Most of us don't really give a crap and don't exactly have tons of spare time.
    2. "limitless" possibilities usually cost money.
    3. Fapping, internet and TV's are part of that "limitless" possibilities anyway. You are speculating far too much about someone based on some posts, for example i have done a lot today errand wise, yet it only took a dozen minutes to read some threads and post quite a few times throughout the day, internet is always around where ever people go. I could be on a beach right now just after banging some Brazilian babe for 2 hours straight for all you know.

8. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    Good luck with that, but please read this original below

That isnt spending 12 minutes posting in forums is it.

9. Dude111

Dude111 Member Guru

GPU:
    Well really ITS GOOD TO THINK OF THESE THINGS because today its worse than its ever been as far as spying on others! (@ least in the states)

10. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Wonder if it's watching me tell you that a film called 'La Fonte Des Neiges' is also known as 'Thawing Out' ?
    Had a look in Amazon, but they don't seem to have heard of it at all yet.