Your thoughts on Final Fantasy VII

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Tamika, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Tamika

Tamika Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno 3D Geforce 6800 GT 256mb AGP 8x @ Stock
    Hiya
    Im played through Final Fantasy VII for the first time.
    So far I must say that im finding it pretty boring; and normally I love a good rpg. So is this 'best game ever' over-rated, or do I just not enjoy rpgs anymore!

Thanks!

2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I think it's one of the best RPG's of all time. The storyline is simply outstanding, I could play the game over and over with little problem. One of the most thought invoking and emotional games I've ever played. For me it's easily the best of all the Final Fantasy games. Closely followed by FF6

Just wondering, how far into the game are you?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  3. AWESOME GAME!!!!!!!!!

you should also try ff8. gameplay isn't all that so don't get your hopes up coming in to that. but the thing that makes ff8 so damn great is it's art design, music, and story.

4. Tamika

Tamika Master Guru

GPU:
    Did you play it when it was first out?

5. Tamika

Tamika Master Guru

GPU:
    Ive recently saved a girl from sum kinda sea monster and doing the parades mini games

6. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I played it a good few months after it came out. Though that shouldn't really matter. If you're hinting on the 'wow' factor because it semi introduced many people to RPG's, that was not the case (At least with me).

Ahh, you're at Juno Docks then? Try and get second place in the presentation you do for Rufus. You get an HP Plus materia early on for it, first place is just a Sword for cloud which doesn't help in the long run, and isn't worth much either.

7. Tamika

Tamika Master Guru

GPU:
    Yea its a shame; I wanted to really enjoy this game like so many people before me have :(

I dunno whats wrong with me ^^

8. eduardmc

eduardmc Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 580 SLI 900/1800/4200
    FFVII is the most overated RPG, is not really great (is good) , everyone played it cause it was the most outstanding graphically RPG at the moment, all RPGs at that time looked like an atari Compare to this one, and by having such a presentation everyone didn't mind the confusing (has hell) story, the soundtrack was rated one of the worst in the series (FF games are known for having the best soundtrack ever, FFVI best soundtrack) even the square (gamefan interview, don't remember the issue) admitted that the last 10 hours of the game were rush out cause they needed to meet the deadline and that's why it felt apart when things were coming together. what it has good for are the characters, which are the most memoreable character in any FF game. Cloud and Sephiroth rule. but overall is a good RPG but i rather play FFVI (3 in america) for SNES is more deep in character development, best sound track, and one if not the best storyline of any FF.

if u wantg the best RPG EVER, go with Xenogear for playstation, nothing can touch this game, only a few of us have played this game cause it wasn't famous in the state.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  9. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I honestly can't understand why people found the plot confusing. I simply found it deep and interesting, something you had to think about without it being handed to you on a plate.

I'm also not alone in thinking the soundtrack was amazing (In parts) and that the graphics were not all that great at the time. Remember One Winged Angel? The track that plays when you fight the last boss? I listen to that regularly.

Though I will admit a number of people rate the game above others that they shouldn't. A few examples (PSX ones) would be:

Suikoden 2
    Xenogears
    Grandia

I could probably go on with that.

10. i only played ff7 about a couple of years ago when the graphics were already outdated and i was still awed by the game.

11. sh33p

sh33p Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3D x800pro | 474/491
    im playing through the game again currently, im at nibelheim before going into the mansion.

i think its a brilliant game, i also think grandia is a brilliant game too.

Anyone like breath of fire 3/4 ? i thought they were really good games too, more so BoF3

12. Sgt Shaw

Sgt Shaw Guest

lol, I still play it today, graet game!
    I think they should make a remake and update the graphics and stuff

13. juke

juke Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    FF7 is funny :)
    I love the game! FF7 & FF8 for me ;)

14. Gotenks64

Gotenks64 Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY Nvidia 560
  15. GeoTube

GeoTube Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600
    I find that FF8 was better =/
    Yeah the FF7 storyline is a 'bit' confusing and the graphics aren't very well compared with the new games that are being released right now but it was the best when it was released.

16. zenkmander

zenkmander Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon 7950
    Final Fantasy VII for me. Personally, I think VIII and IX were cheap, rushed lookalikes of VII. I also believe that VII (or VI, possibly) is what got Squaresoft into the top RPG production companies list. Sure they made a bunch of other Final Fantasies before - which were all pretty fun - but VII is what really made it for them.

17. Jason_25

Jason_25 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6600 GT OC/17" HP CRT
    It's an ok RPG.

FF6/U.S. 3 is a masterpiece if you have an SNES emulator. So is Chrono Trigger.

Xenogears is the best RPG on the playstation. One of the best RPGs ever. Xenosaga is not so fun...

18. Pr0v

Pr0v Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus A9600XT/TD
    BoF 4 was a cool game too, i liked the dragon morphs :D

19. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Same, I bloved the Breath of Fire games on the PSX. I had the oddest fetish for fishing though.. LoL!

20. sh33p

sh33p Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3D x800pro | 474/491
    lmao yeah me too...its a shame i was never any good at it :p

EDIT: Did anyone play BoF5 for the ps2? i was so dissapointed i expected so much more from that, i never completed it..i hated that countdown because of that dragon rage which caused death...if u saved the game and then to find out u was gonna die and you couldnt go back and try again cos you knew you would just die anyway.

Was there any point in the game where that counter would dissappear and then you could continue the game without dying? does anyone know...cos if so then i would like to try again and hopefully get rid of the annoying timer.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2005