Your Phone's Camera and Microphone Can Reveal Your PIN

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    So while the way it goes about collecting stuff is different, you'd still have to have the malicious app installed and give it permission for access to your microphone and camera.

3. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    First they need to get the app on my phone, second I have key tones turned off, third I use a pattern unlock AND code lock. Not to mention xprivacy blocks apps from using anything without my say so.

4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    well, that isnt new at all..
    Also, there are tools out there, in the dark corner of teh webs, you would tzhrow your phone away if u know..

i work with these tools so i can counterfight them..
    Me, personally, i wouldnt use this tool. i just need your phone. no pin, no nothing..even when its off. i can kill the pin and make a new one, also puk, and other passwords you might use on your Android device (pattern lock/etc)..
    Of course, im not gonna link anything, nor to i answer PM´s with question where u can get this stuff..:3eyes:

im using a virtual framework on my phone..its like a virtual box ;) safest thing u can use..

also, my system is restricted, even google or system cant phone home, send my data or whatever..(sensors are turned of atm at my Phone, thanks to an special "Framework" ;)

BetA

edit:
    @dcx_badass

yes, XPrivacy is a good start..one of the best and valuables tool for android Xposed FM...i would also ad AFwall+ with dinit support and some manuall modifikations to teh rom itself. i made my own rom, cause i was sick of google changing my rom and such..now, google cant do **** on my phone :) im the full ADMIN, my Phone is under "My" controll. not googles or anything else..it took me 1/2 year to get there..

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013

5. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    That's precisely why I don't use my mobile for online banking, or pay for goods using NFC.
    Often watch the trendies showing off by paying for coffees in the likes of Starbucks using that method, and it practically makes my hair stand on end seeing them do that.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    What's the point in making it as complex as that? If it has to be installed on phone the begin with, with all those permissions, why not just send back the actual PIN that gets entered instead of all that camera, mic, tilt crap ?

7. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080 Ti
    Damn. I really need to take a look at the Xprivacy and afwall+ for my s3