Your GTX 275 temps?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Mott, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GXT
    Just wondering what temps at what clocks you guys are pulling out there. I just upgraded to an eVGA GTX 275 and modded it to the specifications of the FTW bios which ups the voltage in 3d mode by 0.01 and the clocks considerably. I played Crysis for a little over a hour and my max temp was 86C and I noticed that my fan did not go over 46 percent so I changed the way the fan works and it ramps up slowly from 40 percent to 100 percent between 69C and 97.5C and have yet to have time to see the temperatures, but I think they will come down at least 8-10C seeing that a mere 10 percent increase from 40 to 50 percent brought my idle down from 48-51C to 31C. I am also going to take the card apart and get some AS5 on the core when I have a chance...

BTW this card is a FAR CRY (no pun intended.. ok wait maybe there is) from my laptop I was gaming on for the last year that had a 9800m GS in it.

2. baby_UTE

baby_UTE Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GT SLI
    mine is in dual screen mode and for some reason it doesn't clock down to 2d mode so its at 648 and it idieling 64C every game i play my temp would shoot up to 85+C if i dont up the fan speed my self, playing HAWX it was up in the 70-80 range. its a Sparkle GTX275 BTW

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  3. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GXT
    I edited my fan settings in the BIOS and now my temps are below 80C all the time! As for your clocking down issue you should get on 191.00 or newer it solved that for me as I had the same issue. Now it runs COOOL when I am not gaming (about 31C I do beleive).

4. baby_UTE

baby_UTE Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GT SLI
    191.03 i just updated to and still doesn't want to clock down.

5. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GXT
    I have 191.00 try that (I am on Win 7 BTW)

6. baby_UTE

baby_UTE Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GT SLI
    nop still doesnt want to clock down in dual monitor mode.

7. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Member

GPU:
    Palit Geforce GTX 275
    I have a custom cooler on mine - two fans, so whilst browsing the internet it is currently at 39.5oC, the PCB is 41.5oC, but it goes up to 86oC when running 3DMark Vantage.

8. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GXT
    Thats crazy... I have stock cooler and my card is considerably cooler than yours.

9. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Member

GPU:
    Palit Geforce GTX 275
    My home is like a furnace, so I'm not really surprised.
    I have this one
    Clicky

10. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GXT
    Yeah man that cooler you have is boss for sure. Right now things are starting to cool off in my city (Calgary, Canada) and my computer is near the sliding doors to my balcony I always keep cracked so my case is actually fairly cold to the touch. I am sure in the dead summer I would be running about 6-8C warmer! Good thing for my computer 2 thirds of the years is a little chilly to absolutely freezing here.

I hate the really hot weather for too long though.

11. yoyo69

yoyo69 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 Sli
    My GTX275's run at up to 86c with 70% fan (Folding) the problem with the pallit type cooler is that is dumps some of the hot air back into the case, I had to re-arrange some of my fans to get the temps on other components back to normal....

12. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    <----- Stats are to the left. Folding@Home, I have, as we speak 75% fan and 75c.