I have been in trouble with freesync a lot in the past months, it didn't work as espected, it only worked after clean driver installation. I did a lot of try and error, to solve it, like formatting, tons of CRU, and even I changed my complete pc in the proccess. Freesync demo will work only when drivers are recently installed without restart, or when I recently formatted without touching anything, and didn't know why this was like that. Maybe it's an overall bug, maybe it was only in my hardware configuration, but the problem was the windows "scale" option, I discovered that if I changed it to 150%, 175% or similar freesync does not work, but in 100% and in 200% it works. (Somebody with freesync could test) I post here, because maybe it solves someone problem, as my head was about to explode.