Your favourite dog

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by AsiJu, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Norvekh

Norvekh Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    Goldens are good dogs but they have so many genetic issues I wouldn't want one. My cousin had one that was allergic to grass and she spent her entire life inflamed and biting at herself and generally being sick. She ended up having to be put down after multiple organ failures and several types of cancer in addition to her allergies, and wasn't all that old at 11.

I currently have a beagle. Great dog, and her only health issues are fatty growths (not cancer or anything, just fatty deposits) and a reverse sneeze that was worse when she was younger but is now very rare. Overall, she's rather healthy and spry for around 12 years old and thankfully we never had to deal with her pigging out after fixing her so she's not a lard ball like so many beagles.

As for my next dog? I'm fairly convinced I want my next to be a Shiba Inu. From what I've read up on them I like their traits. And the Shiba scream is a funny thing to see when you realize that's their normal behavior. The Akita is another good breed but I honestly don't want a dog that big.

2. PistolGripPump

PistolGripPump Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 260 896MB
    For me it has to be German Shepherd and hopefully I will own one soon! But they are pretty expensive!!!

[​IMG]

3. GSB

GSB Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 650
    My dog when I was a kid, Charlie, a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier.
    [​IMG]

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    doberman ftw :nerd:

5. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    the pug. they are funny dogs and they are so chill, and easy going.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  6. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    beagle too!

7. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Golden Retriever.

[​IMG]

8. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    My dog died this week =(

Was a poodle. None of this stupid pom pom garbage or cut weird.

He was 19 years old. He had a good run.

RIP Gizmo =(

9. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Sorry to hear that :( my old jack russel we had in the family before we moved to spain (gave to neighbour) got put down yesterday :( must have been nearly 20!

10. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    [​IMG]

Greyhound :) Currently have 2.

When they go I want a Beagle.

[​IMG]

Just lost my rescue Lurcher that I've had for years to brain cancer, no idea what age she was.

11. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Best dog I ever had was a purebred German Shepherd (Police trained too) - sooo smart. My second best dog was a German Shepherd/Mutt mix. He was a very good dog, and probably could have competed with the first one if he had the same level of training.
    I miss them both.

As for the Beagels.... well, I had a Beagle/Basset Hound mix and I did love her, very cute, very friendly, good with little kids, but dumb as a box of rocks. :p

12. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    I have a mixed breed dog, female, don't like those balls hanging out, and if I'm in a hurry I don't have to run around and wait for him to piss 10 times.

13. mezball

mezball Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 4080

+1 My Husky is 11.5 years old, he has seen me go through some hard times, but always there to cheer me up!

14. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    im sorry to hear that. my condolences. 19 years is a good age for any dog! like i said in the pets thread: animal bros > people (edit oh man i didnt read very carefully, a bunch of ya just lost your animal bros. sorry guys :/)

on topic, when i move later this year, i will get a shiba. id really like an akita, my fav breed by far - but shibas are much smaller and easier to deal with. ill get an akita further on down the road...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  15. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    Too cute :)

Unfortunately I can't have a dog right now since I still live in my parent's house and my mom doesn't like dogs. When I get my own house then I'll get a beagle.

Now I'm just happy with 5 hamsters

16. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    @Finch and Doug
    Daym, sorry to hear. This is why I can't own another pet. Friggin wrecks you man. :(

17. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    I love almost all dogs but these are among my favourites:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    So true, we had a Japanese Spitz. We had her since 1995 and she died last 2009. I remember her sleep routine was to sleep in my mom's bedroom but would transfer to my room early morning and wake me up.

Sad part is I left the country in 2008 though I said my goodbye before I left in case we never see each other again (I had a feeling her time was near).

I still dream about our dog from time to time..Such a good dog

19. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Cerberus

20. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I'm sorry to hear that. My family dog was a Poodle ( toy Poodle ), he lived to 18 years. He was an amazing dog.

I feel like I've disrespected him all these years later because I don't remember that much about him...time jades even the best memories :(

O.T

I don't think I can say I have a favourite breed. I have 2 dogs; a Stumpy Tail Cattle Dog and a Kelpie/Chocolate Labrador.

I love all animals. I have 4 ferrets as well. They're so awesome.