Your favorite game?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Bond!JamesBond!, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The devs did raise a lot of money that went directly to fund research and treatment for people who suffer from psychosis.
    And, they brought in several people who hear voices, and had them play the game... to try and get it as accurate as they could.

You damn right. :)

XenthorX likes this.
  2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Supcom FA
    Rise of Nations

Endless creative varied strategies and replayability.

Bond!JamesBond! and eGGroLLiO like this.
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I know all about it, I can't wait to play the prequel. The girl that played Senua is fantastic!

XenthorX likes this.
  4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Even more amazing because she had never acted before.

jbscotchman likes this.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Disagree - find their games meh and rather uninspired.

6. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Diablo 2 , legacy of Cain soul reaver, Starcraft, Command and conquer red alert , Vampire masquerade , all of the divine divinity games , ufo enemy unknown, Hidden and dangerous, there is more but that’s what pops up in my head first .

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    eGGroLLiO likes this.
  7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The glory of gaming and opinions.
    There's something for everyone, but not everyone will love the same thing.

Personally, Remedy are among the best in the industry and make the most engaging, story driven action games.

cucaulay malkin and Undying like this.
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you should go back to cod and stay there.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Everyone has their opinion. My friend also liked only Alan Wake and Max Payne while not being a fan for their newer games.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  10. Leodie

Leodie Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    One game that i really did not expect much of was SOMA, but to my surprise it is probably one of the better games ive played. Overall favorite is Stalker, Metro series.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Yeah, cause that's totally what im into - you sure are great at drawing conclusions.

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Absolutely.

If i dont remember wrong, you dont hold witcher in very high regard, where as i consider it GOAT.

13. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    regarding who is the best in the industry is also a matter of timing. while right now Bioware for example are at the sewers in my eyes, in their glory days they were masters in the gaming world of single players. Valve is another example for pioneers in my eyes, and as the years went by they focused on other crap, not related to single player games. so the way i see it, every game should be judged separately. that's why i don't give a damn just how bad or good Cyberpunk is, until im gonna play it. im judging each game for the good or bad, not the company itself ( in single player games ). Redmdy brought some solid games over the years with Max Payne 1&2 being the best, than Alan Wake, followed by Control. Quantum Break was 5\10 for me. the thing is - they managed to solidify their position when it comes to single player games, and i respect that and will continue to throw money on their games as long as they deliver. now if im looking at the timeline... Remedy are going downhill in my eyes when it comes to story\narrative games. that's just my opinion. now im not saying this as a bad thing, it is what it is.. it's hard to evolve from games like Max Payne and Alan Wake.. they are miles superior than Control. this is why i also think Valve are being carful and uninspired by Half-Life 3, will they even be able to stay in this level ? im not sure. the new HL VR game is a great example of doing it the right way.. but it's very hard to stay on the same level of those genius games. same thing goes for The Witcher 3 ( good luck making a better game) , same for Bloodlines 2, and for S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 - the first games are simply gold. very hard to keep up.

Bethesda doing the new Elder Scrolls also smells like trouble. with all of it's problems Skyrim was.. amazing. can they repeat that today ? i think they can't. Diablo 4 ? can they bring the insane item system and atmosphere from Diablo 2 ? good luck Blizzard, i really mean it.

now im not in a bad mood or something, and i wish every game out there will deliver and be on par with it's previous titles, but i just don't believe it's possible in those cases. if im wrong about it - great, more amazing games to play.

:)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    ramthegamer and ZXRaziel like this.
  14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, I played the first two... and just could not get into them at all.
    Story, characters, gameplay... nothing clicked for me. So, I've completely ignored the third game.

15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    My favorite game ever is Mass Effect of course, and following recent posts above, my two favorite gaming companies are Remedy and Epic Games right now.

Regarding Bioware, it was founded by a bunch of overqualified smart people which happened to be rpg nerds and that left the company within years after it got sold to EA.
    You might have some name dropping to promote recent production like Anthem, bringing a couple people 'back' "He was writer for ME2 !"... " He was responsible for the ME lore !"...
    But the global complex vision and core rpg love, as well as enthusiasm for complexity and mental challenge has left the company for years. (ME1 was much more complex, had much more depth that what people might remember imo).

Doesn't help that gaming industry has drastically changed over the last decade.

Embra likes this.

16. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Dark Souls for me.

17. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
    wolfenstein

18. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    For me best games to the date are:

Assassin's Creed series
    Deus Ex series
    Witcher 3
    Heavy Rain
    Detroit Become Human
    Wolfenstein
    Allan Wake and Control
    Cyberpunk 2077
    Tomb Raider

There so many games which are just console like Gran Turismo, God of War, Uncharted or Last of Us and many games on PC too

Currently enjoying Detroit Become Human and that game just looks stunning, great mocap, great sound etc and great studio(Quantic Dreams)

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

19. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Poseidon
    Prey (2017) a.k.a System Shock 3

twonha and cucaulay malkin like this.
  20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    I fail to see how remedy can top what they did with max payne 1 and 2 indeed, those games go right down in the classic third person shooter games, probably in the top 3 ever

jbscotchman likes this.