your best Mortal kombat game

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Apr 13, 2015.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    as i've been looking at the gameplay trailers for mortal kombat x, i find that the characters wardrobe a bit iffy, for example reptile should be black and green, right now it's showing his reptile face all along,and his wardrobe greyish!!! and scorpion with swords, i mean come on!!!!, to add to that, they haven't got the sound of the guy who says: fatality and reptile wins, they haven't got it right, his voice was much better in the sega mega drive games, in fact i hold great memories of ultimate mortal kombat 3 on the sega. what's the best mortal kombat game to you guys?

2. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    The mortal combat we had back then on Amiga. Kano's uppercut & head nut was funny as hell.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    MK2 for me, i was really good at it, i learned most combo's. (dont remember any of them now lol)
    didnt like mk games after that, however sektor's homing missiles are always good fun :D

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    MK1 and 2 on the Arcade. I still own the Arcade version of MK1.

5. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Im not sure which one it was but the MK on the sega was probably the best (for me).

Remember playing that and street fighter on it.

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    MK2 on the gameboy. Made me beg my parents for the battery pack they sold back then.

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    MK3 and 4 for me, I basically grew up with those, played them on arcade machines, PC and a friend's console, which I don't remember the name of. I even had 4 on a my gameboy color (one of the only 3 games I ever owned on it) and I played that one to death as well. I also loved the films, can't even remember how many times I watched them, needless to say... a LOT!

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    MK3 Ultimate - really liked chained combos, MK1 and MK2 were too basic, and now MK komplete edition.

I kinda dislike MKX 3types thing, but its still ok game.. Looking forward to it.

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    MK1 of course. Spent so many hours playing that game. Close second is UMK3.

After that the games got weird with the lame story and the Krypt. I just want to beat the crap out of people.

Of the more modern games I think Deadly Alliance was my favorite.

10. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Wasn't Deadly Alliance the game that had multiple combat styles and weapons? Loved that, but can't remember which game it was.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, Deadly Alliance gave each character multiple fighting styles, weapons... and a few other features.

Personally, my favorite is the first one. Mortal Kombat.
    Spent hours playing it on an arcade, and even more time when a friend got it for his SEGA Genesis and we figured out the Blood Code.

I also love Mortal Kombat 2, mostly because it just expanded on the first game without trying too much.

From there, the series still had it's high moments... but, felt like it was getting away from the simple brutality of the original. Things like Friendships, combos....
    I've played every entry, but didn't really get back into the games until Mortal Kombat (9). It's return to the simple nature of the originals hooked me. And I love it.

12. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    I probably played MK2 and MK3 the most.

13. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    2 & 3. I remember buying a 6 Button controller for the Mega Drive from Argos just for it!

14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    It's hard for me to choose between MK1 and MK2. I spent all my quarters on them both at the arcade. I bought both for snes, I think I have to lean slightly toward mk2 because nintendo allowed it to have blood. I remember mk1 having blood on genesis, but graphically it looked terrible to me.

I'm actually in a very small group of people that hates that mk has these crazy combos now. Combos ruin fighting games for me. Hated mk3 because of the combos.

MK2 was my favorite.

15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    On the contrary, combos are neat but they haven't been much of a part of MK for me, imho. Moves, and special moves, okay, but combos are a little over the top, and also, made MK more like other games instead of sticking out of the crowd. Just my personal feelings about them though.

16. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I really enjoyed MK3, played the hell out of it when I was younger.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The original game was the most wow. It blew people away.

18. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    It was more the soundtrack and the "GET OVER HERE" that blew me away when I was a child.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I think the entire package was great and well ahead of it's time. And it wasn't just shiny shiny over substance, it also played great. It was an unbelievable game at the time. I was 15 when it came out, good times. I would consider the early to mid 90s the best years for gaming, in general.

A lot of fresh ideas and some great developers. Snes/Megadrive/Amiga/Atari/PC all thriving. Those were the days.

20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    agree totally it was a great gaming era. all quality games from all consoles.