Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by moab600, Nov 8, 2013.
I could go on for a while
1. Brand new unlocked HTC One for $300
3. Any Corsair PSU, 850TX four years running strong
4. I bought an i7 940 bundled with an Asus P6T four years ago, still going like a champ
6. Brand New 4th gen 64gb Ipod Touch for $275
7. Put an Samsung 830 and 8gb ram in a $350 Samsung laptop last year, runs awesome now
9. Powmax Demon ll case, allowed my old P4 rig to stop shutting down from heat lol
10. My old Acer H233H 1080p monitor 4 1/2 years old now, been through way too much
11. Stepping up from an 8800GTS to a GTX
12. Athlon 3500+
first vanilla asus 580 (I was a first adopter), had a directCUii not long afterwards to keep it company)
current 680 classy (after unwinder's tricks (the Creator of afterburner) my card could take 1.4v and I seen it go beyond 1.4ghz)
Samsung 840pro (impressive speed over my corsair force gt)
3570k (it's getting a tad older now but in it's day it would play nice with cinebench)
1:amd athlon 64 fx-51
2: leadtek 6800gt (at ultra oced)
4:570 classy with accelero xtreme 3
5:thermaltake mk-i tower(love that one)
1: My 2500k don't get me wrong I love my 2600k but this was love at first boot
2: My ASUS Dark Night 9800 GTX+ 512MB still have it and it will still kick some ass if needed (currently in my 2500k rig)
3: My DT 770 Pro headphones I don't need to elaborate as to why
4: My first 670 FTW the damn thing was game stable at 1333/7600 how could you not love that
5: My fat boy PS3 RIP good friend
I remember that 670.
Still running strong in the top slot the bottom one is holding it back. Lol
I know which one I'm keeping when I upgrade.
operton 170 at 2.8ghz
asus a8n32 sli deluxe
295 gtx x2
680 sli x2
These two are the same for me! My Voodoo 3 3300 was an amazing purchase at the time and ran everything I played absolutely flawless. Also, my first custom build ever was an Athlon X2 3800+ Manchester core on the good ol socket 939. Ahh the memories
I have to mention my personal favorite peripheral purchase of all time also, the Logitech MX-518 mouse. Its probably the best gaming mouse I ever owned, and although I've moved on to newer technology in a mouse at home, I still use my 518 every day at work.
And you almost didn't upgrade.
Athlon 64 3500+
Dell 2007WFP - before this i didnt respect the awesomeness of spending more for a good monitor
Dell 3008WFP - as above, but moar
i7 920 - still using, just about keeping up, dont think i've kept a piece a hardware this long
4870 X2 - first ATI/AMD card, at the time, seemed to have so much grunt for the price, then it died a month before the warranty was due and they sent me a new 5870
Intel G2 SSD
honorable mention, Athlon X2 3800+
1, pair of mackie hr824s, best speakers iv had
2, asus xonar essence stx, superb sound card
3, i7 3930k, upgradid form a i5 750 coundent belive the diffrence
4, gtx 470 sli, my first sli setup fast and kept me nice and warm in winter
5, gtx 690 fastest card iv been able to afford and looks so nice
Upgraded from FX5500 & Celeron2GHz & 400 MHz single channel ddr to HD7870 & FX8150 with 1866MHz dual channel. Loved the gpu most in terms of calculation power(more than 100 times). Other parts' performance were only tenfold.
1. i5 750, was my first quadcore, still holds up today. made another machine with it
2. gtx 260, went from a 7950 GT, blew my mind, still in use today
3. E7200, went from a terrible Pen D, this was awesome for its price, still in use today
4. MSI Z87 Gaming, for what I paid this thing is feature rich and looks BA
5. i7 4770k, never got a cpu this expensive before, and I love it
I could not add my gtx 470, even though I used it for about 4 years, it was a terrible OCer, all the fans on it died (windforce). Never getting gigabyte again. Better components my arse.
I would like to add 580 sli to my list as well and 2 voodoo cards. Voodoo 3 2000 and voodoo 5 5500.
Way more than 5 but all were very important to me.
Ok, I'm sure someone will laugh at my list, but I don't care...
Athlon64 3200+ (sckt 754)
Sempron 2600 (sckt 754, 32bit only)
Athlon64 X2 5600
Core i7 2600K
Yeah, yeah....it's actually 6, but I can't eliminate any of them and still be honest....
1 my 2 amd 2900xt i put in cross fire
haf 932 the best
gigabyte x58 a oc
core i 7 950 oc to 4ghz