You needed proof didn't you? Omega vs DNA.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by heffeque, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Martys Web

Martys Web Don Santino Corleone

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    White chocolate taste better ;)

2. Driver 7

Driver 7 Guest

GPU:
    2 6800's
    I swore that I was not going to post in this thread Because I hate the my dad can beat up your dad type arguements. But there are alot of good modders. (no not mudders motha, modders lol). eg. Xaero, Demoulous, Morpheous, Omega, DNA, Mwarhead et al. Right now I am Using Starstorms on my card. (not related to the topic)
    All I have to say is I do not think you will ever find another modder who is respected and approved by the companies who's drivers or bios they are editing. Omega is often in touch with ATI and there driver department and sometimes with NVidia now sometimes to I hear. He has an inside scoop. There is but one reason for this. He is a bloody genuis. He knows more about drivers then you or I could possibly imagine. Well they all know more than me.
    This is fact. ACCUAL FACT!!! Who's drivers you like is just a personal prefrence. Who's better is just a waist of time arguement.

Hey Marty. Hows it going man?

3. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    Agree but whatever is said about DNA at DH and Rage3d is completely unfair.
    That man do know what he is doing.
    I compared the Omegas and DNAs myself with original cats.
    Omegas are twicked for stability and fixes some issues nown with the cats. And I apperitiate the man for his work.
    DNA are the fastest drivers out there is your system takes them without stability issues.
    If someone knows more about drivers, its completel fine but bcoz of that if he starts call other modders stupid and they dont know anything like "Catalyst Maker" did on rage3d forum then all respect i have for that man goes down the drain.
    Catalyst maker is official ATI employee but that dosent give him any right to post such comments against Omegas and DNA drivers specialy when ATI corporation is ok with this modding stuff.

4. Driver 7

Driver 7 Guest

GPU:
    2 6800's
    See I Buy Nvidia every year so I have yet to use the Modded bios of DNA and asside from my benchmark score I cant tell the difference from a modded driver to a regular driver anyway. Unless of course it messes up my pc then I really notice. lol. I spend alot of time at DH and I havent noticed any of the stuf thats said but I guess it's mostly in the ATI Driver section where I would not come across it anyhow. As far as I'm concerned they are all good. They all have taken the time to learn the inside and outside of the driver or bios they are modding and they dont just use it to be better at a game then everyone else, they come on the net and share them with everyone. And I am sure they do not do it for the fame. I'm sure it's because they like doing it and also because we all need to get our moneys worth out of these damn expensive video cards that hold there value for about as long as I can hold there breath. And I wish I had the patience to sit down and learn it. I say the more the marrier and the more we have to choose from the better.
    You are right Monkey. Everyone needs to lighten up. Instead of posting that the guy who makes the competition for the driver they are "curriently" using is a looser, they should be posting what the like about there fav driver and leave it at that. Enough with the bashing. No one likes hearing something the like being bashed. Jesus, I'm sounding way to adult here. GO CANUCKS GO!

5. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    No, no, no.... you are very wrong... the best tasting chocolate is the VERY dark chocolate (and Hershey's chocolate too :D)

:p

6. BonyTony

BonyTony Active Member

GPU:
    Crucial 128mb 9800pro
    After reading all the posts from the threads on this matter @ driverheaven and here why has no one suggested >>>>>

DNA ....just release your newer drivers before Omega does then how can they say you are stealing from them ?....Can you do that or not ?.

7. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    most leaks are from before and don't change between Cat versions.

8. Emanon75

Emanon75 Guest

No way old man..
    Dark chocolate is the best. ;)

And it's not about who's drivers are bigger.
    It's all about what you can do with them.. :D

9. GKZ

GKZ Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4890 1GB
    OMEGAS = higher marks...
    DNAs could sitll ahve better GFX, but of course youd acutally have to look, and perosnally i can't copmare two things veyr esaily unless theyre side by side screenshots...omegas for me =)

10. Drumphil

Drumphil Guest

GPU:
    Bitchin'fast!3D 2000
    "Catalyst maker is official ATI employee but that dosent give him any right to post such comments against Omegas and DNA drivers specialy when ATI corporation is ok with this modding stuff."

then again, he could also be the only person who is really in a position to judge.. If he doesn't know, who does??

11. Jackaroo

Jackaroo Guest

Id like to see proof that Omega benches higher. Everything I seen shows dna benching higher. I know 3dmark03 bench dosnt mean anything as far as gaming today but its still nice to have the facts straight.

12. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2004
  13. disco

disco Guest

GPU:
    Palit Dual 3060Ti
    guys at DH are all against DNA drivers......I don't believe these benchs.....
    will try it myself...

14. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    the review doesn't only talk bentchmark, it even sais that DNA's are a bit faster. You should read it all and see what I'm refering to, go to page 7.

15. disco

disco Guest

GPU:
    Palit Dual 3060Ti
    saw it......there is no textures...i will try that myself.....btw do you know how i can overclock my card with cats(is there some reg entry like coolbits??)
    couse when i put omega or dna overclocks work but with cats they won't!!!!(radlinker,rage3dtweaker & rivatuner....tryed them all)

16. disco

disco Guest

GPU:
    Palit Dual 3060Ti
    and yes I did re-flashed my card with unlocked bios (thanks to funkymonkey:))

17. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    get radclocker

18. disco

disco Guest

GPU:
    Palit Dual 3060Ti
    radclocker=radlinker!!!!!!!!!

19. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    yes, they are the same thing.

Latest radclocker (linker) works fine with mine... you should try an older version because it mixes up the cat 3.10 sometimes. (The AA/AF quality and stuff in both sides (meaning radclocker and original cats 3d options) it doesn't keep me from thinking that it's a source of problems)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2004
  20. disco

disco Guest

GPU:
    Palit Dual 3060Ti
    where could I get this older version??