Yo Dawg I Heard You Like Paying

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Neo Cyrus, May 12, 2012.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

QFT :nerd:

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    How exactly is it a "dick move by EA"??? The console "community" was given what they asked for.

3. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    How? Cause it's literally impossible to play the game online without someone having to pay, unless you can host from your console which IDK about. As I continued to say, which you seem to have largely disregarded, it's probably not an issue because almost no really plays on them anyway, even if they happen to always be full. They are a small portion of the server set. It's just sad to see that they won't even support their own game though. IDC if they just dropped the number to only a couple servers, leave something.

And for the record, I don't even play this game nor have I ever so it's not like it's going to affect me no matter what they do. I haven't purchased an EA game in forever because there is very little worth supporting from them.

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    They are leaving some servers online. If they shutdown all of their free public servers, they'd have to worry about class-action suits from all the people that bought the game with the understanding that there was no additional charge for multiplayer.....or they'd have to recall ALL of the retail packages to add that multiplayer requires "renting" a server and then have to worry about possible class-action suits from those that bought the game prior to the change.

5. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    If by "literally impossible" you mean "easily possible" then, yes, this entire post is correct.

Otherwise, it's just some things you spewed out.

6. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    It does mention 17 servers are left for PS3 users, which does mean they haven't pulled all of them, but they say nothing about other platforms.

I do believe I misread part of the article yesterday cause re-reading it now it certainly doesn't mention pulling all of the free servers for any platform, though it never exclusively says it doesn't either. If they did/do that on any platform then my above statements still stands.