Yay, I'm being sued!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by The Kyle, Feb 10, 2006.

1. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    Oh, don't talk to anyone but the insurance company and/or your own lawyer. Don't say anything to her, her insurance company or her lawyer. Your insurance company and you are in the same boat.
    BTW, there is no reason she can't claim injuries after the fact, in fact its quite common, even in legit claims. Thats not to say hers is, but it takes a while for on e to realize that that's not just an ache, but a chronic pain and then to get a doctor to check it out. Oh and just accepting the check for repair does not necessaraly mean that she accepted a settlement for everything. Depends on the state.
    Oh and I wouldn't worry about it much, this won't cost you a thing.
    Oh and a thread about a lawsuit is a bad idea legally, I, or someone else can remove it if you want.
    IANAL and this does not constitute legal advice in any state.

2. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    Don't worry about it. My full name and address isn't linked anywhere here. Plus I don't have a case yet since they are sueing my insurance company, not me.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  3. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    That's why I try not to take any pills man. I get a cold or something, I won't take cough medicine or anything like that. I only take medicine if it means that something bad will happen if I don't. I'm not going to take medicine just because I'm uncomfortable.

As a result, I should have a stronger immune system than some people. Not going to test that out, but it does make sense.

4. dr jonz

dr jonz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x HIS Radeon 7970 Ghz
    yeah, it sucks the way people can sue over stuff nowadays. A few years ago my mom was rear ended by this woman in an SUV who admitted she wasn't paying attention because she was on a cell phone. She hit my mom's car hard enough that the spare tire in the trunk came through the back seat of her 99 pontiac grand prix. Her insurance wouldn't cover anything of mom's car nor her doctor bills, then she tried to sue us over it. Thank goodness the judge threw it out of court. This stuff makes me sick.

5. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080

Well i guess this is where I step in:bolt: mmm nevermind, your not yet ready to understand, however when you get older I have no doubt you will change your mind.
    But until then just try and get through the days of living in "Your horrible American nightmare land"
    LOL, I just have to laugh really, wonders abound all around and all you see is dispair. You don't know how good you got it till you've seen something worse. ah well.

Kyle your insurance company will represent you this will never go to court and she probably won't get anything so DON"T sweat it bud.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  6. Munky

Munky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 6800 / AIW Radeon 9700 Pro
    Where I work (Staples) we have two lawsuits:

1) Some guy is claiming that he injured his knees waiting in line for 10 minutes.
    2) Another fellow is suing us because he ripped his leather jacket on one of the racks that hold merchandise.

This American "sue-crazy" mentality pisses me off.

7. Blaise

Blaise Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1080 TI SC2
    ^^^ Wait until they sue you for something being out of stock!

8. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

or get sued for being to happy, by a person who is never happy! LOL

9. starfire039

starfire039 Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT 256mb PCI-e
    Couldn't agree more. :nerd:

10. shrapnel22

shrapnel22 Master Guru

GPU:
    Chaintech 6800GT @ 400/1100
    This reminds me so much of a civil claim that my dad was part of the jury when it actually went to court. Pretty much the exact same circumstances (hit @ 5mph, no injury to lady or car, etc.), and the lady was EXPECTING TO WIN at least $50 000 plus medical costs. She was 'awarded" $30, yes THIRTY DOLLARS. Everyone was practically laughing their heads off behind her back.

11. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I was thinking more along the lines of 'America, F**k Yeah' (from Team America)

12. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

lol im sueing you for making a mockery of the judiciary system!

13. CleavesF

CleavesF Master Guru

GPU:
    Connect3d x800 GTO biosed 16 pipes
    I'm actually thinking about Suing my sister. Not that I don't love her but she totally owes me 300 bucks... okay that's not the real reason...

the reason reason is that I want to embarass her so she doesn't marry the stupid fiancee. I'm prolly gonna lose since I don't have a "receipt"... but hey... I'm near Chicago... time to apply for Judge Joe Brown!

Why do I think he's stupid? Right when I'm back from Iraq the first thing he says to me is... "wasn't it awesome". What a prick, and the guy is an idiot... who the hell goes to Illinois State University? The only reason I'd go there is to get laid by future playboy playmates.

14. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

ROFLMAO (the playboy joke that is)

for the rest of it id break his nose.....with a crowbar....

...hey.. aren't you trained for breaking his bones without leaving a mark?

15. Andrew

Andrew Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX-970 4G
    hmm.. i was thinking more of a certain Greenday track.. :stewpid:

16. VixenHeart

VixenHeart Guest

Are you emo?

17. zietleben

zietleben Master Guru

GPU:
    6800gs
    yes because we all really expect are coffe to give us 3rd degree burns "yes hi i would like some coffe " DRive thru lady - " yes hi would you like 3rd degree burns with that ? " and my mom got her window broken into as you all known and the cops have it on file and told them we wanted to press charges but still not a cent anyone knows like what to do or if it takes time? and my mom scratched some guys car 500.00 OMG a frickin scratch and we hit a rich guy in a bmw he gets out looks at the car and drives away out of sight before my mom can even stop crying - her bf was driving at a bad time financially in my life ..... kyle im sorry but that figures