1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yakuza 0 - Unable to save the game or even quit properly to the desktop!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Darren Hodgson, Aug 2, 2018.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i am using about 14 saves i made one for each chapter and 2 for adventure mode. :p

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The last two times I've played the game - well into Chapter 5 now (utterly awesome game by the way) - I've been able to save without issue and I'm using 10 slots.

I suspect the issue may have something to do with my internet as there has been nothing downloading today but yesterday and during the week when I've been playing the game there have been background downloads on the Microsoft Store, Uplay and Steam. I only have a 10 Mbps down/0.9 Mbps up connection.

I'll test it out at some point by downloading some on the Microsoft Store (that app just loves to hog all the bandwidth!) and report back but it's the only thing I can think of that can explain the randomness of the saving so far.

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    glad u got it working and yea it is a great game.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I'm reading reports of frame rate issues and freezes during cut scenes after the new patch and I also read a person state the game crashes if his display goes to sleep during the cut scenes (they're that long?!). Are these issues with you guys too? I'm interested in the game but I'd rather wait if such issues are present. I don't want another nier automata situation.

5. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I've had no freezes during cutscenes and the only framerate issues I've had are since patching the game with the extended LOD mods (which is understandable as those are doing something beyond what the game as coded for). This is the case with both the original patch 0, as it is known, and the latest patch 1 (otherwise known as the beta patch).

Even the save game issue seems to have cleared itself up but I suspect that's because I've been playing the game with nothing else downloading in the background.

lucidus likes this.
  6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    same no issues here either, tho i have just been doing adventure mode farming real estate and equipment searches mostly.

What is stupid in adventure mode is your RC car batteries never recharge, or lest i cant find out a way to recharge them so i cant do any RC races, that got backed up due to the crash on the first story mission there.

I have read of people report studdering and fps issues but some claim upping the exes priority to high in windows cures it.

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    New beta patch. Looks good.

• Added an auto-save function at the end of the chapter after the result screen.
    • Adjusted camera position to zoom out when playing in anything narrower than 16:9.
    • Fixed an occasional crash in 'Cabaret Club' when navigating through the 'Cast on Duty' screen.
    • Fixed an occasional crash when backing out of the Inventory menu immediately after entering the menu.
    • Fixed a high CPU resource usage issue caused by checking the audio device constantly.
    • Fixed an issue where NPCs appeared as low poly characters (LOD geometry issues).
    • Fixed an issue where Xbox One controllers did not function correctly.
    • Fixed an issue where a claw crane didn't return on some occasions when VSync is disabled in UFO Catcher arcade minigame.
    • Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor remained on screen after completing a song in Disco minigame.
    • Fixed an issue where incorrect button prompts appeared when moving the mouse in Karaoke minigame.
    • Fixed an issue where a minus sign was not displaying when losing money during a Mr. Shakedown battle.
    • Fixed an issue where the details didn't show 'Climax Battle Millionaire' score correctly in 'Climax Battle Rankings'.
    • Fixed an issue where button prompts didn't switch to Keyboard & Mouse when controllers are connected.
    • Fixed an issue where an input device prompt for Player 1 & Player 2 didn't appear in Bowling minigame.
    • Fixed an issue where an incorrect score appeared in Climax Battle rankings.
    • Fixed an issue where an empty leader board appeared when playing 'Expert Course' in 'Super Hang-On' arcade minigame.

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Just tried the new beta patch; the borked LODs are now fixed but there's still noticeable pop in and LOD issues on Ultra setting that the LOD MOD fixes. The only problem is that beta 7 of said mod doesn't work with this new build of the game so hopefully the modder will update it quickly.

9. dragon011

dragon011 New Member

GPU:
    Have any a Save For PC for Chapter end 3 or 4? i have new install my pc and Lost my safes, i will not all start from beginning?

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Since this is the defacto Yakuza 0 thread, Yakuza Kiwami PC got a release date ... February 19th :D

cerebus23 likes this.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Preordered hope this port is a tad less buggy then zero, though it was not awful still had issues. Had to use a trainer to beat the RC races because adventure mode your batteries do not recharge AT ALL far as i could tell, but i had been finished the main story stuff before they had patched the rc quests.

only 17 bucks on steam. I got to hand them pricing these so reasonable, ports and older games and all but they are great games and not even sure most of these were imported?

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Yakuza 0 beta patch!

• Fixed an issue related to shaders and shadow rendering affecting lighting/skin tone (most noticeable during cut scene at the end of chapter 6)

• Fixed an issue where certain particle effects were not being displayed (most noticeable when using certain weapons like the cannon)

• Improved ultrawide display support
    • Added FOV slider in advanced graphics menu
    • Added border artwork displayed during areas with locked aspect ratio when played in non-16:9 display modes
    • Added Background audio slider in audio menu
    • Added UI toggle in settings menu
    • Added target monitor output selection option for multi monitor setups in advanced graphics menu
    • Added support for QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboard layouts

• Fixed an issue where disconnecting a controller during conversation could cause a soft lock

• Fixed an issue where mouse cursor would be confined within application window while in menus
    • Fixed an issue which could cause a crash when playing the fishing mini game
    • Fixed an issue where the game could crash if the installation folder path includes a dot
    • Improved behaviour of camera control when using a mouse to use raw mouse input
    • Improved mouse scroll wheel behaviour
    • Improved Alt+Tab behaviour

I wish all this was handled long ago but I'm still very happy for PC players that this is fixed. PC port should be perfect now.

Best of all - BYE BYE DENUVO!

I eagerly await the release of Kiwami :D

cerebus23 likes this.
  13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    you can preload kiwami on steam now not that it is a huge game but if you want it is an option.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Yup, preloaded too. Do you have 0 installed? I'd love to know if they fixed the Karaokes being fanta colour too.

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yes i do. karaoke bugs though? never encountered that one.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Karaokes are also affected by that shader bug they mentioned. Try judgement kazzy and it will be the same fanta colour as we saw in those affected cutscenes v/s ps4. Hopefully the beta patch fixed it.

cerebus23 likes this.
  17. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 Red Devil
  18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
  19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Well, kiwami's finally out and I'm not seeing any problems in this game thankfully. A really pleasant experience so far.

Only issue was the sound mixing being incorrectly detected so I manually set it to stereo. I have to thank windows 10 upgrade issues for letting me correctly guess the solution to that lol.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea finally unlocked but i wrapped up in metro for a bit yet :p.