YAGER Is No Longer Working On Dead Island 2

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by (.)(.), Jul 15, 2015.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    http://www.dsogaming.com/news/yager-is-no-longer-working-on-dead-island-2/

2. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SLI
    Who is Yager? If Techland isn't working on anything, why don't they pick up development?

3. Terje_P

Terje_P Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970 SLI
    Techland halted Hellraid development to update and expand on Dying Light, after that they may start working on Hellraid again.

Yager made Spec Ops: The Line

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Deep Silver owns the franchise rights to Dead Island so Techland did Dying Light instead and Yager were the ones developing DI2, their previously release was that Spec Ops: The Line game. :)

5. ortucis

ortucis Active Member

GPU:
    AORUS 1060 Extreme
    The videos they showed of Dead Island 2 were laughably bad. No wonder Deep Silver canceled the development.

Spec Ops: The Line is a overhyped game with laughably bad storyline and even worse gameplay. I was surprised that Deep Silver gave these jokers Dead Island like IP to work with, considering the gameplay in it is leagues ahead of Spec Ops like ****e.

Anyways, not surprised with them kicking Yager out. All videos I saw from E3 demo were just awful. They somehow managed to make Unreal 4 look like Unreal 3 with glitches and non-responsive "AI" (using the term lightly) doing nothing but staring at the player most of the time.

6. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 SLI
    After Dying Light, I don't know how a DI2 was even in development.

I appreciated what Yager tried to do with SO:TL more than what it actually turned out to be. The deep story twists that the writer discussed with GameSpot after release were so buried and obscure that basically no one could have figured them out.