XP32 and XP64 patchscript for FireGL and FirePRO (driver 8.44 and higher)

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by gellmar, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Maryus3D

Maryus3D Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 285
    To show the FPS in XSI you need to press ctrl+R+one click and then rotate. In my opinion XSI doesn't need a Quadro because is super optimize I'v tried XSI with some scenes and I got over 80-90 fps with my old 9800GTX. I didn't test with my Quadro mod but I think you get the point :).

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  2. Mounty2010

Mounty2010 Member

GPU:
    Radeon x1950Pro 512MB AGP
    Today i installed Maya 2010 and loaded the Bike Scene. I dont know what to do, but i pressed the "play"
    button in the time-controls and acivated "show fps". It shows 8.5 fps on my x1950pro @ V7600GL.

I think that the SoftMod is not working for Maya 2010, but thats no problem for me, since i'm a XSI user.

It seems that the Bike-Scene uses "OpenGL Realtime Shader", can anyone confirm that ?
    Since i dont use Realtime-Shaders in XSI this doesnt affect my renderspeed.
    I use only Mental Ray Render so i dont need Realtime Shader in Softimage or Maya.

BUT: Sometimes i'm creating models and items for Valve Source Engine, and at this point
    i switch to Realtime OpenGL Shaders, to see some Realtime "in game" Shadows in XSI.
    But most of the time i use Mental Ray for Images, so i dont need OpenGL Realtime Shaders.

But i will stay in this thread as long i own my x1950pro card, because this FireGL MOD is very interesting :)

3. juodvarnis

juodvarnis Member

GPU:
    mobility radeon hd 5650
    note on 8.603 script with mobile hd2600

latest gellmar script xp32 (date 06.03) loads drivers and ati maximum driver works in 3ds max9 but performance is 2-4 times slower than 8.453 drivers
    testing with max4 benchmark scenes and script that counts viewport FPS

big thanxs for your work, gellmar!!!

still can't get my notebook to hibernate, and restarting 2 of 3 times i get BSOD, but i will survive :) patiently waiting for vista64 solution. thnx again!

4. n4d444

n4d444 Active Member

GPU:
    8800GT@FX3700
    @juodvarnis

ATI maximum driver for 3ds max is crap. I think it's discontinued. Direct3D will give you better performance and also is less buggy then the OpenGL driver.
    If the DirectX driver is WHQL then it's gona (should) work bug free and all the bugs you get are only program related not DirectX/GPU related.

@Mounty2010

I don't think that Maya uses any kind of real time shader at least not by default I think that's why there is a high quality mode. When I press play on the bike scene on my softmodded 8800GT I get 70FPS.
    XSI should behave the same cos it uses OpenGL. You will need to test the softmod inside XSI to see if it works. Benchmark the same scene with and without the softmod and tell us what you find.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009

5. Mounty2010

Mounty2010 Member

GPU:
    Radeon x1950Pro 512MB AGP
    Today i exported the BikeScene from Maya2010 using "FXB.2010"
    File Format into Softimage v7.5 using Crosswalk 3.3 FXB Import.

Softimage gave me 65fps (SubD Level 2) up to 87fps (SubD Level 1). I had to SubD the Bike Model
    because it was imported with SubD Level 0. So i hit "ctrl-a" and pressed "+" on numblock, which gave
    me SubD Level 2 for all the Bike Parts. I dont know the SubD Level from the "original" BikeScene,
    but i compared the look of certain parts of the Model with my Bike SubD Level 2 Model in Softimage.

I also had to assign material "lambert" on all parts and turn the "headlight" on in Softimage,
    to achive the exact same look of the scene like it was original represented in maya2010.

And as i said before: in Softimage the SoftMOD seems to make no difference.
    This doesnt mean that SoftMOD is not working, it rather means, that XSI
    dont need any SoftMod / QuadroMOD because its coded/programmed much
    better than Maya and dont require FireGL or QuadroFX Cards to work fast.

Remember: in Maya 2010 i got only about 8.5 fps with ATI x1950Pro @ V7600
    using Modded FireGL Drivers v8.603. The Results in XSI are with same Drivers.

CLICK the Picture to enlarge / view fullsize

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Maryus3D

Maryus3D Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 285
    I said long ago that ATi has bad drivers for maya (and others) is not about that the mod is successfully or not is about ATi and stupid drivers. I did the same with my 9800GTX (before I bought the 8800GTS) and i had over 80 fps. As I said above:

I have about 2 years with maya and with XSI about 1 month. A real V5700 give awful result compared to FX 580 (half priced) :(. I'm thinking about V8750 which cost 1600$ and has the same performances in maya as a gaming card :(.

XSI has the best optimization ever. And is Physx accelerated too ;). Why Autodesk doesn't optimize maya? :(

7. juodvarnis

juodvarnis Member

GPU:
    mobility radeon hd 5650
    @n4d444

true, 8.603 script works fine in d3d mode, but as i use max9 and it has ati maximum drivers, that performs faster in wireframe and textured benchmarks, and my workflow mainly consist of textured objects with wireframe edges on, and maxmimu drivers are faster than d3d in such conditions :)
    and BSODs i get mesege with ati2dvag error mainly. but maybe its that notebook was not intended to work with win xp32 though acer has drivers on their web site for this model (aspire 5720g)
    anyway, swithing to vista64 and waiting for softfiregl solution. thank you, guys!!!

8. maxpoz

maxpoz Active Member

GPU:
    Ati X1600
    n4d444 can you send me a Maximum driver to try new version (only 64bit)?
    i use 2.1.7921 max version(64 bit) it's very fast, but I doesn't found the new driver on the Ati home.

Thanks

9. juodvarnis

juodvarnis Member

GPU:
    mobility radeon hd 5650
    latest maximum driver is only for max9 64bit there is no maximum drivers for later versions. you can download it from ati-amd website

10. maxpoz

maxpoz Active Member

GPU:
    Ati X1600
    I don't find it.
    Have you a link please?

I use it with max 2009, work perfectly

11. n4d444

n4d444 Active Member

GPU:
    8800GT@FX3700
    I found the Maximum driver on Amd website:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/fireglv3dmax-2k.aspx -- Windows 2000
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/fireglv3dmax-6-14-10-5015b-xp.aspx -- Windows XP x86
    @juodvarnis is this the driver or is there a version for XP x64?

I found these for Windows 2000 but IIRC I used these on WindowsXP x64 with 3dsmax 2008 x64.

Now tell me something as I don't really get it. You can see the comp in my profile and when I put an ATI 3870 in there and softmod it the 3ds max runs the same on my scenes in d3d whether the card is softmodded or not.
    When I use the Maximum performance driver which I see is discontinued and probably for a very good reason I get 10x times slower performance IIRC. And I mean whatever benchmark wireframe/solid/textured everything is slower a lot.

I don't understand how you can say that you get great performance with the OpenGL driver. Am I doing something wrong with the mod? Can you please post some screen shots or at least put up some numbers and compare some heavy polygonal scenes or something? Can you compare same scenes in d3d and maximum firegl driver?

This is something I did a while back but it worked a lot slower than d3d.
    [​IMG]

edit: BTW I gave up on firegl softmodding since I softmoded my 8800GT to a quadro fx. I am using the nvidia maxtreme driver in 3ds max 2008 and it runs better than my ati 3870.

edit: NxCPU and Maryus3D please edit out your posts so we dont go into OT.
    I just want to say that mentioning different cards even brands and program performance is actualy a topic of interest in this thread.
    @loklo3d I tried to get the bike into 3ds max but was unsuccessful. I'll keep trying. It is a good idea to compare viewport performance of the most used programs (3dsmax, maya, xsi, modo, cinema4d... I believe these 5 are the most used). Mby we should open a new thread only with benches of these programs with different cards/mods.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  12. NxCPU

NxCPU Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3870 1GB GDDR4
    What was originally here is removed, because it was not seen in the way it was meant : As just a joke.
    I'm not going to apologise because I did not mean it in the way it was experienced/perceived.

ATI mod : :pray2pc:

13. Maryus3D

Maryus3D Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 285
    NxCPU are you a child or what? Who cares nvidia is corrupt. 3D software works better with nvidia. My bike scene on a real FirePro V5700 get 17 fps and Quadro FX 580 get 50 fps half priced. Why sould I buy ATi? Because is holy? ATi is a more corrupt company to me they sell expensive FirePro\FireGL at the performance of a radeon. V8700 is 1500$ and has the same performance as a 200$ HD4870. This is pointless... grow up man. All your emoticons and ATi fanboys pride express your maturity and the way you think.:nerd: At least me and n4d444 are showing people other cheap alternatives for 3D software and we try to help the community. You are helping with nothing with your pride and emoticons. You put the world in error with your ATi pride :mad2:

14. loklo3d

loklo3d Member

GPU:
    Real FirePro v4800 1gb
    is it possible to get that bike as .FBX or .OBJ for testing in Max 2009?

15. n4d444

n4d444 Active Member

GPU:
    8800GT@FX3700
    This is on a Q9550@2,83 + Quadro FX1700 :p (no softmod)
    [​IMG]

If I just press play in animation I get 380-390 FPS and while rotating 170 FPS.
    Wire+Smooth = 105 FPS
    Wire only = 220-240 FPS
    If I attach all objects into a single object (editable poly) and then apply a turbosmooth modifier with 1 iteration I get 420 FPS :)

edit: Maya bike scene in 3ds max for your benchmarking pleasure: http://www.filefactory.com/file/ah75737/n/bike_max2008_rar

I'll edit out my post with more benchmarks as soon as I get home cos I got a faster comp there.

16. NxCPU

NxCPU Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3870 1GB GDDR4
    Yeah guys, you planted an NVidia seed, and it started growing.
    I might step over to the other side. It's greener there.
    Just trying to determine what the best card is to buy. Have a lot of reading to do.
    I'll wait until the end of September for the ATI softmod.

17. loklo3d

loklo3d Member

GPU:
    Real FirePro v4800 1gb
    Thanks
    With NON modded 4870 1GB, in Max 2009 32bit (Vista SP1 64), I get roughly 80-90 FPS rotating/viewing around the bike, using D3D and CachedDXMeshes turned on. With Cache off, I get about 8-9 FPS. (all with smooth, not with smooth+wire - I don't work like that anyway, unless it's the selected object I'm working on) - adding the wire slows it down considerably, as does wire only.
    I copied it to the side 9 times (10 total) to give 7.3M polys. Between 15-20 FPS with Cache on and smooth shading.

q9550@3.31, 6GB RAM.

(I thought this bike scene would have been a little more of a struggle, as people are using it to bench.)

18. Maryus3D

Maryus3D Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 285
    Is my art work :p. NormanBates made a animated textured bike using my scene. http://rapidshare.com/files/271707931/BikeBench.rar . I'v made bench after and before the mod but I didn't post them. I was thinking to open a new thread specially for real time bench and the scene was build to be the only real time maya bench instead of stinking SpecViewPerf, but if we started here I'm posting right now :).

[​IMG]

The scene is animated but when I move\rotate the scene I have @ 19-20 fps:).

19. juodvarnis

juodvarnis Member

GPU:
    mobility radeon hd 5650
    @n4d444

i use 3ds max9. not 2008, 2009 or 2010, thats main difference, because latest maximum drivers are for max9 and there were no more releases so i think its normal that with max 2008 or 2009 it is slower, because it dousn't support these drivers

some numbers(mashine specs in my profile):
    *ef.max means same scene with wireframe edges on (F4 to switch on or of in 3dsmax)

Video Card: 3870 @3200 d3d 8.603
    Display Type: d3d
    File Name | FPS
    =================================================
    geometry2.MAX | 304.878
    geometry2ef.MAX | 204.36
    textured2.MAX | 203.149
    textured2ef.MAX | 61.5385
    wireframe2.MAX | 24.7423
    Video Card: 3870 @3200 fgl 8.603
    Display Type:OpenGL (ati maximum)
    File Name | FPS
    geometry2.MAX | 50.9251
    geometry2ef.MAX | 28.4441
    textured2.MAX | 120.192
    textured2ef.MAX | 69.3722
    wireframe2.MAX | 55.3301

as you can see wireframe is a big scene and it is 2 times faster with maximum drivers.

i can give you a max script for precise fps benchmarking

20. n4d444

n4d444 Active Member

GPU:
    8800GT@FX3700
    @loklo3d

I know the bike scene isn't much to look at but it proves a much better point than the crappy specview. You say 80-90 with just smooth shade on ATI 4870.

I get 235-240 FPS on my 8800GT@FX3700 with Maxtreme driver on an q9550@3.6. Only wire 200 FPS and shade+wire 130 FPS.

I believe your scores won't change much if at all after softmodding that 4870. The Maxtreme driver is very good and efficient in 3ds max but I believe it is discontinued and the latest version available is for max 2009. :cry:
    I think we would all like if you could softmod your card and report back your viewport performance.

@juodvarnis

Yes I can see what you mean. I just got a broken x1950gt, recapped it and it is now working perfectly. I am gonna try to softmod it and see what kind of numbers I get on it. I am gonna try 3ds max 9 with maximum driver on my 3870 also. I am very interested.
    Can you please provide us with a link to an x64 bit version of the maximum opengl driver? I can't seem to find it on ati-amd site just the 2000/XP x86 version :confused: