XP to Win7 64

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Guinness, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Guinness

Guinness Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9600GT OC / 512MB
    well.. up and running. Had NO problems with "upgrade" Win7. I'm a 64bit guy now.

Ran Win Experience:
    Processor: 6.9
    Memory: 7.5
    Graphics: 6.8
    Gaming Graphics: 6.8
    Primary HD: 5.9
    OVERALL: 5.9

HD shouldn't be low, I'd think. SATA, 7200RPM. Hmmm...
    I know the other HD needs to be indexed, maybe that's the issue.

I was able to unlock another core. So, X3 now and stable. BUT.... It says it's an X4... well, CPUz says that. Anyways, I'll take a X3 3.2 at the price of a X2 anyday. :)

I'm in install software mode. Lot's left to do.

thanks for all the advice/help

2. Deathspank

Deathspank Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    ^no mate that is the correct score for a machanical harddrive, you will need an ssd if you want a higher score. i get 7.9 in everything except for the harddrive. which is 5.9 so my overall score is 5.9.

3. Guinness

Guinness Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9600GT OC / 512MB
    Well... looks like I need help again.

I just plugged in the IDE drive that held favorites, pst, among other things. Win7 sees it, but it cannot access it because it is full. ???

How can I get into it and accesss the .pst file (the one I'm most interested in)?

In tools, it won't let me repair it. It registers as 0 bytes.

I was able to get at it in puppy linux when I was transfering files to it before the upgrade. I thought I could get into it with puppy linux again, but it would not boot.

Thoughts?

4. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    What's that disc formatted in? Would it be that you didn't use the ntfs-3g drivers in Linux causing problems? I know the non-ntfs-3g drivers do cause problems in NTFS for Linux.

deltatux

5. Guinness

Guinness Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9600GT OC / 512MB
    No idea about linux drivers. The drive was NTSF. I think it didn't like that I filled it.

Turns out, I found another copy on the old sata drive. So, my pst, favorites, and other nic-nacks were fine. I'll just reformat this ide drive, load my docs on it, the put in the safe as a backup.

Question: In Win7, how did I change the location of my docs? I added my old my docs to the library, but I want the actual my documents to point to the original (old) my docs. In XP it's easy. I can't seem to figure it out in Win7.