Xp Driver development is sooooooo slow .

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by StimpyOz, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    the drivers are working nicely for me o_O id never get Ati since imo they don't have that much better drivers yeah they might release more often but does it mean those drivers would be alot better... on xp drivers were near perfect imo for my card atleast.. on vista everything works but needs optimizing kinda. supposedly 8xxx series need updates for xp since those are new cards but old stuff like 6 and 7 series not really o_O

2. _RA_

_RA_ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini ITX
    last official xp driver was in november 06 cmon nvidia

3. MacWun77

MacWun77 Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX @ 621/972 Air Cooled

I've been thinking the same thing. Sure Vista is obviously important but we XP users need some serious fixes and we've only had 4 driver releases for the 8800s EVER how many is that now for Vista??? Cmon Nvidia

4. _RA_

_RA_ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini ITX
    especially xp will be around till 2014. i will staying on xp for at least 2 more years (for gaming my school laptop will have vista). crysis can be played on dx9 so it's enough for me

5. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    I'd say that the XP driver is far from complete, off the top of my head a few of the issues that need fixing and the basic features that need to be put back.......

-Fan speed control
    -Overclocking put back without having to install NTune which doesn't function properly anyway
    -Temp. monitoring
    - Settings don't save
    - And this may be minor but still annoying, when adjusting a custom game profile each time you change a setting it jumps up to the top of the list and you have to scroll back down again to change the next setting.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  6. MacWun77

MacWun77 Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX @ 621/972 Air Cooled
    Not to mention video overlay, full screen video on secondary display issues, aspect ratio issues etc.

It's quite annoying having such a great gfx card with limitations due to incomplete drivers.

7. Necrosaro420

Necrosaro420 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX SuperClocked 786mb
    XP Drivers are fine now? Give me some of that crack you are smoking.

Oh, why does it say you running vista drivers in your postbit? And your going to say the XP are fine? You obviously are not using them.

Try playing a game and crashing every 10 minutes. Or getting a nv4_disp.dll BSOD while surfing the web, then tell me these drivers are fine.

And considering there are 50x more XP users than Vista users, dont you think they need to work on the moire widely used product?

8. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    i've actually had preference with nvidia lately, but thats been goin sour with their lack of proper driver support between vista x64, xp 32 and xp 64 which i use all of

9. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I dont know what some of you are on about, with my 9800 pro the ATI drivers where rock solid. I never had any issues with any game I owned. I upgraded my system that came with an X700 "Also a rock solid card" with great driver support.

7 months ago I purchased this 7600 GT because of good reviews, its a solid card as well "But" with only one offical driver being released 6 months ago and that driver full of bugs I feel cheated.

Surely the 8800 users here can understand what it could mean for them should nVidia decide that its just too much trouble to support their cards as well?!

Good luck with your future purchases, I'll be rethinking mine as well.

10. StimpyOz

StimpyOz Member Guru

GPU:
    Radion 6870
    Yep , unfortunatly I feel that Nvidia's support and driver release is down the toilet . I know that once I upgrade my system it will have ATI . I cant stand the change of user control panel now its all been nerfed . At least ATI give good driver support and there user control pannel stays the same with only minor changes . Unlike Nvidia that trys to make it look like a web page control pannel . Yuk ! ! ! :puke3: