Xp Driver development is sooooooo slow .

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by StimpyOz, Mar 1, 2007.

1. StimpyOz

StimpyOz Member Guru

GPU:
    Radion 6870
    I know Nvidia are working on Vista but there is so many things they have not addresed in Xp yet that need to be fixed , its becoming a bit of a joke . Like just of recent there was a Xp32 bit driver that came out but nothing for Xp64 for some time now , or any other windows version that is M$ supported . I should have bought a ATI card , least ATI seem to deliver the goods on a mothly basis and all cards and windows versions are supported in one hit . With Nvidia the support is crap and drivers are issued on a irregular beta basis . ATI own Nvidia for support and driver development . Fact .

C'mon Nvidia , pull your finger out . Time to sell off this crap 7950 and buy a ATI that gets monthly driver updates . :puke3:

2. KommunistDK

KommunistDK Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD 5850
    Err.. have you ever thought about what nvidia actually are doing atm? they're working their ass out for some good vista drivers, then they cant waste their time on 6 year old Xp which drivers are rather perfect..

3. EagleClaw

EagleClaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB Vapor-X
    That's funny

Just how would you even have a clue what they are doing? No one knows for sure now do they?

4. xSLIX

xSLIX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 WCSWIFTECH
    ifd they cant waste there time on xp then they shouldve stopped surporttin xp all together.if they where smart dont u think they should have two driver teams one for vista n one for xp.just becuz xp is faster then vista for now doesnt mean u stop making drivers for xp.look how old nfoce4 driver is it from july of 2006 lol talk about old driver

5. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    They're working on getting the Vista featureset up to par with the XP featureset, once thats done I'm sure performance and bug fixes will be released fairly reguarly for both.

yeah yeah run to ATI, just wait until their new architecture is out, if they want to support DX10 and a whole new architecture on top of that then what makes you think they're not going to run into the exact same problem in a few months time?

6. StimpyOz

StimpyOz Member Guru

GPU:
    Radion 6870

LMAO , you must be talking about Xp32 bit O/S . Xp46 bit O/S is only 12 months old dude . Where is our support for that ? Sheesh !

7. Sharoth

Sharoth Guest

GPU:
    XFX Merc 319 6900XT
    XP64 wasnt a major OS overhaul compared to Vista. Therefore its still basically the same ol XP.

@StimpyOZ:
    Please do, you will love ATI's inferior performance and awesome driver support, then we don't have to hear you whine like a little girl about it in the forums and waste everyones time and bandwidth.

8. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    The latest XP driver is far from perfect, they've taken out the basic features that they used to have, overclocking, temp. monitoring and nTune doesn't function properly with it both in XP and Vista.
    The available settings like color management etc. don't save, so everytime you power up your PC you have to adjust the settings again which is a pain the arse.
    In fact, in all the years, I've never seen so many bugs as in the latest set of drivers.

9. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    ok from what i know, vista 32 bit and 64 bit will have the same support and 64 bit will be a little better because alot of games will need to use the 64 bit processor to push out alot of data out and the only is vista 64 bit windows.

10. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    XP drivers are fine right now there isn't but a hand full of games out right now that have issues..nothing like Vista and ALL games having issues.. you do the math.

11. KommunistDK

KommunistDK Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD 5850
    Then go buy a friggin ati, i was satified with the driver following on the cd with my gfxcard.. dammit! you guys just cant except that some stuff wont work

12. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    The thing to ponder ATM is if Nvidia is even working [hard] on their Vista drivers?

*Deep thought provoker*

Mike.

13. bolan

bolan Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 7950 @ 950
    I totally agree with you! All beyond 84.21 was rubbish, too many bugs. Especially people from the video corner complain about newer releases. I dont care about benchmark points. I need a stable XP driver; Problem is that 84.21 dose not support HDCP, so I have to stick with the crappy drivers!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  14. madlax

madlax Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GX-295N-HWFC
    I'm ****ed with 84.21 for quite some time as well since all mighty nVidia doesn't give a DAMN I don't own a 8800GTX card or use Vista.

:behead:

15. StimpyOz

StimpyOz Member Guru

GPU:
    Radion 6870
    Get off the weed , smoking too much has made you dellerious . :cops:

16. Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080 Black
    He was right. Comparing XP with XP64 is the same as comparing Vista x86 with Vista x64. But comparing XP64 with Vista 64 is another very big story. Search the web for the changes from XP to Vista's driver model and see for yourself.

About Nvidia... we cannot be sure if they are developing for Xp and Vista at the same time, but i can guess their effort is almost totally onto development for Vista nowadays. But, as anyone else here, its just a guess... and a pointless one imho.

17. f-town

f-town Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460
    dhzer0point 92.91 are very good...try those :)

18. Kow

Kow Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 5850
    Maybe XP drivers are complete and there simply is nothing more nvidia can add to them? Unless you want nvidia to bloat the drivers to the point they are comparable to Intel's wireless drivers (100mb with everything, the driver itself is only 2mb).

19. kadiir

kadiir Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX275 SOC
  20. StimpyOz

StimpyOz Member Guru

GPU:
    Radion 6870
    Yada , yada , yada . Yeah I had a look at those links and the Nvidia fan site says it all , even for the up an comming drivers . Just let me quote what I have read .

Nick Stam, Director of Technical Marketing at NVIDIA, passed along the following information to reviewers. Since the information is also relevant to NVIDIA's customers, we are passing it along as well.
    We have found that some games running under Windows Vista enable 16x Coverage Sampling Antialiasing (CSAA) when 4xAA is selected in the game menu, resulting in deflated performance on Geforce 8800 cards.

The problem occurs with NVIDIA Vista drivers 100.54 and later. The same effect will occur in future "Release 100" Windows XP drivers.

Affected applications found to date include:

Battlefield 2
    Battlefield 2142
    Sin Episodes
    Half-Life 2
    Half-Life 2 Lost Coast
    To set standard 4xAA in these applications, please set 4xAA in the game, and also enable "Enhance the application" antialiasing mode with a 4x antialiasing setting in the NVIDIA graphics driver control panel.

We are working with developers to implement better in-game CSAA support. You can see CSAA menu selections in Half-Life 2: Episode One and Supreme Commander. "

So in reading this : " The problem occurs with NVIDIA Vista drivers 100.54 and later. The same effect will occur in future "Release 100" Windows XP drivers. Nvidia state that driver development will continue but we may all expect a rubbish diver release's 100.xx onward full of bugs in the future for XP and Vista , Way to Go Nvidia .

Like I said , time to buy ATI because Nvidia Graphic cards are great if you wish to stick with a old O/S and crappy old drivers that sort of work and should you decide to upgrade to Vista owning a Nvidia graphic card , God help you and your Nvidia.

Way to go Nvidia . Champs . :puke3: