Xonar Essence ST Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, May 17, 2009.

1. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II

I meant the H6 board alone and not the ST+H6. i hoping they dont charge 50-60 dollars for the H6 board it self.

I dont want a ST, just the H6 board.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Didn't really know where to post this but the new Xonar cards have gotten (various) new drivers, can be gotten from the forums plus the usual workaround to get them working on older models. :)
    http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...model=Xonar+Essence+ST&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

(Drivers are basically the same for all card models aside from smaller stuff - they really should have a unified single driver instead - so with some careful editing they work on all models without issues, I recommend comparing all INF files instead of just the ones mentioned in that thread to get the correct device name and such for your card.)

Oh and to avoid potential issues uninstall the previous drivers.
    (For example game related problems with that GX engine might still remain if you upgrade over a existing driver, seen with a few titles that crash with it enabled or make the sound engine hang and loop a short bit of the last sound it played until device is disabled and re-enabled in the device manager.)

EDIT: (Related to explanation further down.) Ah I see so that's how it is, interesting to know. :)
    (I guess some people would be a bit worried with using a driver for a "different" product so I added a bit of a explanation about it in relation to the post in that forum link, didn't know they were that similar though.)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  3. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    damned if was pci-e and if has the AV200 i wound defently get one of thoose to just 4 the expiriece!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216

This info is nothing new. If your used to the Xonars then you know the drivers basically are unified. If you open up certain sets they will have components of each card within the driver. The only aspect that varies is the features native to each card. I would say the drivers pretty much are unified.
    To note, this idea even dates back further then the Xonars. When the 8788 based card were first released. Many of us were mismatching drivers and using driver for one card on another etc...

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Is anyone experiencing very loud pops coming directly from Essence STX when installing drivers for it and when sistem is booting up? At first i thought my caps exploded or something...

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Are you hearing the relays routing the outputs? They will click based on how you have your I/O set-up.

7. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Those pop noise is normal dont worry.

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Yeah, someone on other forum confirmed its normal. I was just worried because my X-Fi never did anything like this.

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @Rejzor, what do you think of the sound?

10. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    It's awesome. Even on current Altec Lansing MX5021. Bass is so much better now. It feels softer and better defined, crystal clear highs make my skin crawl. Hell, even MP3's sound slightly better and FLAC files are like omg. It just feels more dynamic compared to rather flat sound on X-Fi.

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Are there any Windows 7 drivers available for Essence STX already?

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I know they are being developed but I don't think they have been released as of yet.

13. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    THe latest game patch happens to fix any issues with windows 7 builds 7201 and up. even tho the latest game patch has no mention of it. so if your on windows 7 build 7201 and up install the game patch to fix the issue of things not opening up with the drivers installed.

You have to have the drivers installed first then apply the patch, it be nice if they actuall mention it, instead of having people in the blind on those builds.

14. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    I'm still on Vista but i plan on buying Windows 7 along with the new system.
    So far i haven't noticed any problems really. Have tried Half-Life 2: EP2, CS:S, BioShock, Crysis, NFS:Most Wanted, UT3. Everything is working right.

15. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I know they are being developed.

16. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    will be win7 drivers for all xonar models the drivers is on developemnt status...and needs more testing that the news i know...till now

17. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    ROBSCIX, is your Essence also playing music even when volume is actually set to 0 (zero) in Windows? X-Fi turned into complete silence when set to zero, but with Essence, i can still hear the music.

18. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Try setting the vol for the wave to 50% and use the main volume knob to control the volume.

19. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    It's no biggie really, i'm just wondering.

20. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Playing music through what? -I mean with what output plugin?
    ASIO,DS,KS...etc?
    This may be a factor