xonar DG impedance and RX700

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by NecroDemonNZXT, Aug 31, 2013.

1. NecroDemonNZXT

NecroDemonNZXT Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4850
    Hello every1,

I recently bought a xonar DG with JVC rx700(48omhs) and I have been fiddling with my settings. There seems to be an option for impedance which as much as I can tell turns the volume up by a lot, not sure about sound quality.... 3 options, low impedance <32, 32 to 64 and 64+ for games.... My RX700 are of 48omhs. If I used the high impedance mode of the xonar audio panel, would I burn them or ruin them? Sorry for my ignorance on the matter... I actually tried it a couple of times and they seem to work fine...

thanx for any help

2. angershark

angershark Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    No you won't burn them up, it changes the gain only. I like the lower settings because it allows finer volume adjustment.

3. NecroDemonNZXT

NecroDemonNZXT Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4850
    at some point I noticed that increasing the volume from windows didnt make any difference, that probably meant that the volume output of the headphones reached its peak? I do not intend to really strain them, but it d be nice to know whether I should be extra careful with my soundcard/headphones. But I do believe such headphones were designed to be strained by better/more expensive systems, like big amplifiers/sound systems etc and should really be fine with a cheap sound card and windows settings

4. angershark

angershark Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Just use the impedance range that gives you a enough volume with the master volume at around 50 percent or so. No point in using the higher settings.