1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XIGMATEK CPU Coolers , anyone know about this brand ?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Marri, Feb 10, 2009.

1. GalantVR41062

GalantVR41062 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Vega 64 CF
    I am still trying to figure out the Real temp test, its hard to get the CPU over the 37c, even at 3.8ghz and 1.3v. I had to turn off almost all the fans, including the CPU fan to get the temps to stay above the 37c while running Prime 95. It looks like my idle temps are ~28c and full load ~36c. I need better ram to go higher on my OC though, I had this ram in AMD system so I know its stable up to 856mhz. I did lap the HS base and CPU on my granite slate and 600 grit wet sand paper, its not a mirror finish but over all the HSF base was nice and flat, a lot flatter then the E8400.

~John

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    i love G.Skill memory. have my G.Skill DDR2 800 at 902Mhz, and all is well. lol

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Would a s1283 or s1284 be a good step up from a AC freezer pro? and would I need to remove the motherboard to install one?

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    eclap: i had a Freezer 7 Pro, and i replaced it with the Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer maybe two months later. Think the jump made my idle temps drop by like roughly 10 degrees. the Freezer's are good coolers.... but i honestly just don't think they can cut it for quad-core's, be it of the 65nm or 45nm nature.

Started off just using the stock heatsink til i decided on a cooler. don't think the Freezer 7 Pro made much of a dent beyond that. the stock cooler for the Q9450 is actually pretty decent for a... well... stock cooler. nice hunk of copper for the core, a whole bunch of aluminum fins spreading out from the center....

5. Marri

Marri Ancient Guru

GPU:

Not sure but I remember reading either of the two supporting pushpins..
    Maybe that was some other cooler..
    But the site says "Back plate and Spring screw to prevent M/B bended"
    So you'll have to remove the board to install it..
    It's better this way , safer and more solid..
    Push pins are great for an easy quick install but they tend to be more on the unsafe side for a system that's carried/re-located from place to place..
    According to me..

6. GalantVR41062

GPU:
    MSI Vega 64 CF
    My cooler has push pins, I am going to make a more secure method at some point.

7. kRze

kRze Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 280 SSC|24" Dell
    +1 for the HDT-S1283, I got it at newegg when it was on sale for $27 with free shipping. (think it was Thanksgiving Sale) Best bang for your buck for a CPU cooler though. Its right on the TRUE as far as performance.

edit: Grab the Retention Bracket for super easy install. Push pins are the suck.

8. OpethiaN

OpethiaN Member

GPU:
    2 X 460GTX 905/1065 (sli)
    well absolutely right!
    ppl question frosty tech reviews but een then at this price
    xigmatek s-1283 is the best bang for money looks cool keeps cool

but lacks one thing

u need to be very carefull if u wana do its lapping

9. GalantVR41062

GPU:
    MSI Vega 64 CF
    Why would you need to be any more careful then when lapping anything else? I think it would take a long time to lap threw the heat pipe itself, but I guess it depends on how much they grind off at the factory to make it flat.

~John