Xiaomi Redmi 3 Officially Introduced

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 14, 2016.

1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Xiaomi is killing it in the market's they're currently in.

Plus 720p(personally) is more than enough. On a 5'' screen, I'm not going to need or notice a difference of 720p versus 1080p versus qhd. I don't need to play Minecraft or Goat Simulator at 1080p. Plus those high resolution screens are battery and performance killers.

2. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I can definitely see the benefit of having 1080p on 5" screen, it does help with text rendering. If the screen is closer to 4,5 inch then 720p is fine. 5" pentile AMOLED 720p screen isn't that sharp (RGB stripe would be noticeably better). Considering that I get 6h screen on time and over three days battery life out of my Honor 6 I don't think that the screen sucks too much battery.

But anyway... I don't think that I can justify buying phone that costs over 300 € any more.

By the way, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro has Snapdragon 650 SoC and 5.5" 1080p screen.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  3. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    This is my wife cell phone, and she have at least 2 months with it, precisely in mainland china. She is incredibly happy with it and she is Very exigent with her cell phones, but as i see, the described in here is very different, hers have 1080p screen and a mediatek CPU

4. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    That's I think a Redmi Note 3, which is only a face lift of the Redmi Note 2.
    Redmi uses 5' screen, Redmi Note uses 5.5' screen. Redmi Note uses mediatek CPU