Xiaomi prepares its line of "Redmi A1" PC monitors, a 24in / 1080p monitor for just $86

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 27, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Cute.

3. elaganza

elaganza Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380
    I stopped playing with Xiaomi products. Rather something reliable with 30$ over top.

4. blacknova

blacknova Member

GPU:
    RX480
    Interesting, if it is possible to hang it on a VESA mount these monitors would be my next go to for office systems building.

5. Simen1

Simen1 New Member

GPU:
    Old GPU
    I think the number of DP ports on the grapics card, and the screen rig are the limiting factor in using 4 screens of this size. I rather just buy the cheapest 40-50" 4K TV I can find and get a borderless screen area, less cables and more ease of setup.

6. FM57

FM57 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2070
    The Goose likes this.
  7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    The top Xiaomi phones are awesome. As well as routers and tablets (MI Pad4). Would have no issue buying their products. Although wasnt aware they did PC monitors.

0blivious likes this.
  8. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT/ 1070/ RX580
    I understand people having reservations. I bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (for Mom) having never heard of the brand (but rave reviews). I was so impressed, and I bought a Note 8 Pro soon after, for myself, right when it released (I have the top review on amazon, it was so soon after release). Fantastic phone for $250.

Xiaomi actually makes some pretty nice stuff for a good price. I'm sure they have some junk products too, but I wouldn't immediately write off these monitors.

9. Dribble

Dribble Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    Xiaomi redmi note [latest number] have been the best mid range phone you could get for low end prices for many years now. You can get them for under the £140 or whatever it is bracket that makes them import tax free from China.

10. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx2080 superXS
    Not to mention the wide selection of used monitors we have to choose from on the net, now if they added built in onscreen mobile phone functionality.....it might be worth considering.

11. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    I've seen plenty of 22-24" 1080o panels at around $80, so I'm guessing this should be discounted to $50 or something?

12. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Only way to own Xiaomi products is to flash a custom firmware on them.
    I am kind of reserved when it comes to Chinese brands offering super products at unbelievable prices.