XGI new video Card

Discussion in 'Videocards vs General Purpose - NVIDIA Ageia PhysX' started by shaten, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Twinke Masta

Twinke Masta Guest

True, success doesn't come free!

2. the_cleric

the_cleric Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    he guys.....what's this card supposed to be???
    IMO a major JOKE.....nothing else.....i'm just sad how many companies appear with a product sucking major horse cock...
    i know normally new companies don't have all the money to produce kickass things....but if you can't : don't do so...just my opinion
    (i think XGI is a company belonging to someone big...who was it?...can't remember....just think they should have the money)
    i also think drivers can't fix the problem since there was virtually no performance increase in their new drivers...

3. So it turned out to be hardware instead of the drivers that was causing the problems? bummer! XGI is dead before it even hits the water!!! [​IMG]

4. Jhetski

Jhetski The Lonely Guru

GPU:
    Palit 7300GT DDR 550/1500 ^_^
    its a dammned card :( how much did the company invest? and it wont sell cuz its dead card :(

5. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    XGI came from the SiS/Xabre team. Really wanted for it to be good. But it seems its uber cr@p. Can't do a decent framerate without using texture *lowering technics.

6. the_cleric

the_cleric Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    since that seems to be usual these times everybody does it...and since you can fool the masses with this they don't care....(actually i'm not talking about XGI directly...well..just in general)

7. Jhetski

Jhetski The Lonely Guru

GPU:
    Palit 7300GT DDR 550/1500 ^_^
    i think they forgot some instructions (or wateva you call it :D) in the chip, which make the card a dumb-as$.

you think they didnt do the standard-procedure?

8. xXMrMeathooksXx

xXMrMeathooksXx Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 295's Quad sli
    It,in my opinion doesent seem right...think about it.I multi million dollar invstment with low performance levels?Im sure there are going to be driver bugs as we have seen with the previous benchmark comparision.But to have a hardware defect doesent seem correct.

Btw,where did you guys hear of a hardware problem?I havent seen or heard of such things anywhere.Thanks,I would like to know.

9. Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2004
  10. the_cleric

the_cleric Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    now....i was really looking forward to a cool dual-processor card....well this showed again companies should keep their hands from such things

11. xXMrMeathooksXx

GPU:
    They should of just made a really fast single GPU card.What a waste :lmaa:

12. the_cleric

the_cleric Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    yeah just my opinion too.....why try to create something like "we gotta create something exclusive"....they're pretty new in business (yeah...xabre...) and 2 rediculous tries to produce a good card....just failed

wait...maybe they got some 64 processor gfx card they release without telling anyone to shock everyone with their enormous perfor....wait....size of their cards....looool

13. xXMrMeathooksXx

GPU:
    God,that article must of been pretty embarasing to XGI.Afterall,they where spending more time saying they can compete with the ringleaders(Geforce,Radeon)instead of making sure their product was even close to the competition before so.....I hope it is just a driver bug.Its possible,but likely not.

14. xXMrMeathooksXx

GPU:
    LOL@64 bit.....yeah seems farfetched.....would be cool though!!!What they should have done is built a watercooled GPU that has universal hookups and clock speeds of 800 on the core and 1600 on the memory!!:D I would buy one then!

15. the_cleric

the_cleric Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    if this would be a driver bug...man...some company that needs money wouldn't just wait till someone finds it

they would have teams sittig there reconstructing drivers and what not...looking for the bug everywhere....at least they should

16. xXMrMeathooksXx

GPU:
    Well I was reading a new article and they state they are making a new card allready!!!!! It is built on Direct X 9.1 instructions and will be released in march.Thats just what i read,go read it at the website a page or two back where peapod posted.It is a new article posted yesterday.On that website.

17. TheReproducer

TheReproducer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 660 ti Jetstream
    I finally got round to reading the article on xbitlabs, and I can't believe the difference between cheats and normal quality for games like Splinter cell, I mean a 4 fold drop in frame rates is taking the piss...

18. xXMrMeathooksXx

GPU:
    Yep,pretty sad.Again,what a waste.

19. neural net

neural net Guest

Even if this card happens to be 10 times better than my old SiS video chipset (which i doubt) its still gonna suck... bad...

20. fx5900

fx5900 Guest

read it and thr memory bus is only 128 bit? I expected 256. Also it only supports 2x/4x AA? Ati and Nvidia supports all the way up to 8x. It'll be a long way before it catches up to Ati or nVidia...i think...The card looks pretty cool though.