XG75.90's

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by GOZ, Feb 26, 2005.

1. i used power dvd and the dvd worked so it is a problem with windows media player or nvidia dvd decoder. Can it be the drivers?

2. nikon

nikon Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce FX 5500 128MB =|
    BEST DRIVER EVER!!

3. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    could quite possibly be the codec wmp uses is messed or you have an old one.

4. Rhimura

Rhimura New Member

GPU:
    PixelView FX 5700 256MB (core:530/men:570)
    This is THE driver for me. I notice a boost performance in all my games: DOOM 3, Half Life 2, FarCry, Halo and more. All my videos are working fine. I tried at least 8 drivers in here but no one was like this.

3Dmark03:75.90/3112 XG75.90/3386
    3Dmark05:75.90/719 XG75.90/735 hehe

5. burn_654

burn_654 New Member

Can anyone help me here. this deals with 75.90xg (a) and just about any driver meant for quadro (even unmodded) drivers. I can run my desktop at 1280x960, my standard res for most stuff. This is also the res I run with Half Life 2 in most drivers. But in quadro drivers, the desktop is fine in 1280x960, but when I launch Half Life 2 or CS:Source it complains and says something about the video mode being incompatible, and asks to go to default settings. If I allow this, 1280x960 still isn't selectable when I get to hl2 options.

This never happens to me in other (6x.xx, I commonly use xg 67.66b, very nice btw) drivers. If I use those drivers I can use 1280x960 in source games just fine, but no dice on 7x.xx or 7x.xx xg modded drivers, but I noticed some nice increases in other games and stuff using 75.90 so I wanted to be able use those or other 7x.xx drivers without this problem.

Does anyone know what causes this, or how to fix it? This happens to me with every 7x.xx driver...when I roll back to any standard-series ones (even xg modded ones) it's fine. Keep in mind, this isn't limited particularly to xg drivers, just 7x.xx in general. Help, anyone? Thanks in advance

*Edit: Oh yeah, I have a BFG 6800OC card.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  6. Ferdimage1

Ferdimage1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    I have to admit these drivers are the best ones out at the moment , i was using the zeropoint 66.97 for a while coz they had great iq and nice perf....i didnt want to update to the xg75.90....thinking of all those 70XX bugs...to you guys that have 6800 i HIGHLY recomend these drivers....my games looks flawless....FarCry,HalfLife,SplinterCell 3 Demo...MOHpa ...much props to your hard work Daishi

7. Eric LaFrance

Eric LaFrance Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 6800GT 256meg
    I really like this driver... but I guess it's time for me to try the 71.84 modded drivers. The 75.90a drivers which work great already and the 71.84 drivers are also Xtreme G drivers. Games run smooth and fast and fair image quality with the 75.90a already.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  8. chile

chile Master Guru

GPU:
    P-Color HD5770
    i get black grass and other artifacts running both XG 75.90 and 71.84 during the far cry demo but the game plays okay. IQ isn't what i thought it would be, tho.

9. pengful

pengful Master Guru

GPU:
    Elsa Gladiac A660GT 128 Mb@600/1200 (**80.40HD)
    Tried these XG75.90a drivers today and have this to say, "It's unbelievable!". Let me share my findings.

Running 3DMark03 on 600 core/1.11 memory
    8,491 - 66.93
    8,715 - XG 75.90a

Pushing my card a little further at 607 core/1.12 memory,
    8,789 - XG75.90a

I did not experience other issues fellow bros brought up.

10. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    did you install the newest patch for farcry this sounds like what used to happen in older versions of the game.

11. chile

chile Master Guru

GPU:
    P-Color HD5770
    done...that seems to have fixed it but i think i need better vga cooling cause i get artifacts the longer i play.

12. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    one may to make sure of that is open up your case and stick a house fan or something blowing into the system.

13. FunKdaFriEd

FunKdaFriEd Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9800 =(
    just my 2 cents: I installed these drivers after have been using the official 66.93's since their release. These are great drivers and I havent had any issues yet and games look great. Especially CS Source :)

GJ on this set

14. chile

chile Master Guru

GPU:
    P-Color HD5770
    the answer to that is good case air flow...hence, opening the case and putting a fan on it...i know that, thanks. and that's not to be a smart A$S. i just removed a couple of case fans and noticed my system temps went up 3C...but a card running at stock speeds?? with a case fan blowing directly on it?! the card temp reads 55 - 58C idle...around 65-68C after gaming...my 5800 never gave me artifacts at higher temps...bad card? bad cooling? i'm thinking bad cooling. and not case air flow only....

15. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    well no matter how good your case airflow is. You open the case your temps will go down no matter what. And the fan blowing directly in your case will decrease temps even further this is just a temporary solution to see if its your cooling. Sometimes if your case temps are a little high your ram will overheat if you dont have ramsyncs.

16. chile

chile Master Guru

GPU:
    P-Color HD5770
    i'm gonna get a new vga cooler and move some fans around when i get back from my deployment...

17. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Hey I did the overclock trick to try to bring the temps down and that didnt work..... Is this just me?

18. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    Sometimes it doesnt work :\ it should be fine its just reading the temps incorrectly. Your temp isnt actualy higher.

19. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Hmmm... dude ur drivers are great but this isnt ur fault... its nVidia's driver team. :thumbdown: Love utr 71.20 driver though!!!!!! Keep 'em comin.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  20. omarmakki

omarmakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 6800 (12x1,6vp)
    Great drivers... I love them!! But is there anyway in which I can play The Chronicles of Ridddick EFBB with them??