XG 76.41...the drivers i've been waiting for

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by loslo, Mar 27, 2005.

1. m5taylor

m5taylor Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 285 SC Edition
    This maybe a dumb question, but what is a powermizer slider?

2. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    i see. well, i'll try em now again, see how they run in far cry + ut2k4..

3. E.J.Smith

E.J.Smith Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce Titan
    TW:

You strongly recommended the XG 71.20b in a previous post which I have found to be the best driver so far overall. The 71.20b is my fall-back. I tried the generic 76.41 but encountered some temperature/instability issues with the driver on certain apps.

Would you recommend the XG 76.41 over the XG 71.20b?

4. sykozylot

sykozylot Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 7600go 512mb
    hmm for some reason i'm getting a real big drop in framerates in the Republic Commando demo (1024x768, medium settings). i thought it was all in my head, then i noticed i started getting slowdown in STARCRAFT when i attacked with a group of carriers o_O.

guess my personal laptop setup doesn't like these drivers. back to xg71.84.

5. Topazbullet

Topazbullet Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce4 420 Go (32 MB)
    under 'advanced' -> 'your card,' there is a powermizer slider that lets you adjust how much power your card uses.

btw, do you keep your old power settings when you change from 71.84 to 76.41?

6. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    Pieter told me that POwermizer is broken in the 76.41 so that probably wont work.

I recommend the 76.41 over the 71.20b but thats on my system. It all depends which you have more luck with.

7. Extreme g 76.41 Drivers

I'm afraid these drivers won't work for me. Was using Extreme g's 6681 on a Gainward Golden Sample FX5900XT, which were very stable with good IQ.

Had difficulty getting these drivers installed, I use DC and also Nastfy File Remover. Upon installation of the 7641's, the installation program kept indicating that it could not find any compatible hardware for the drivers.

After probably the 5th time' (like I really needed to spend a better part of my evening trying to fix something that was originally not broken), I finally got a clean install. Did an Aquamark, and registered a 39386, whish is about the same range as the 6681's. Booted in Raven Sheild, all settings set to highest levels. Did not see much difference in IQ, but it ran stable.

Booted in IL2 Pacific Fighters, all settings set to highest levels. Game play IQ is great compared to previous drivers.
    But there are video issues. The in game control panels to start the game have a flickering effect, when trying to set up the game, and when it occurs, gameplay will also flicker with certain views.. It does not happen all the time, if I reboot the game, it will solve the problem, but not all the time.

My worst complaint is that even tho the IQ is great, the game is not smooth, which indicates that my card can't handle the load, even tho i have it overclocked to optimum frequency's with coolbits.

Sure wish I could get smooth gameplay from these drivers because the IQ is unbelievable, but for the time being I'm going to go back to my 6681's.

As always your efforts are extremely appreciated.....

8. penguino

penguino Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 6800 LE 128 MB || 19" LG 915F
    I have this problem to, and w/ out overclock. Damn, I just love these drivers, but Ill have to switch back to the official ones. :(

9. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    This usualy happends when your card is overheating or possibly your cpu. Open up your pc and point a fan inside and try playing see what happends.

Sorry it didnt work out for ya ron. Just curious what are your system specs? i would try out the 75.90a they arent HD but still have good IQ/Perf.

10. 7641's

Thanks for your reply Daishi.

After more experimentation, I am now using forcewares 7641's, IQ is almost as good as the Extreme G's, game play is smooth, and my aquamark went to 41520 41.52 FPS, versus 39386 39.39 FPS with the EG's 7641's. I'll keep the 7590's in mind.

Thanks again

Ron

11. Four5acp

Four5acp Active Member

GPU:
    BFG Nvidia 6800 GT OC 256 MB
    Hi, installed these drivers but I'm having a problem with CSS.

When I play online, every few seconds I get like a stuttering effect when I'm moving. Almost like I'm lagging. I've tried numerous servers and it's not lag (getting avg under 30 ping on cable). This didn't occur with the offical 71.84s. Anyone have any suggestions.

I have not changed any driver settings, just uninstalled old drivers, did safe mode cab/DC, and installed these new ones.

Thanks.

12. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    Which driver did you install?

13. Four5acp

Four5acp Active Member

GPU:
    BFG Nvidia 6800 GT OC 256 MB
    sorry guess i forgot to post.

XG76.41

14. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    This was an old issue with an older video card bios... when the 6 series cards came out. So they released new bios's to get rid of that stuttering check to see if you have the latest bios.

15. penguino

penguino Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 6800 LE 128 MB || 19" LG 915F
    Overheating? I didnt overclock, but I have the Zalman heatpipe w/ additional fan, but my core temp never exceeds 61 degrees C, and my ambient temp is never higher than 36 degrees C. So I guess its not a heat prob, or its caused by the driver.

16. Dont_shootme182

Dont_shootme182 Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 295
    Hey VDaishi,

I love these drivers. Awesome speed and IQ but I have one prob, after installing these, Zoom Player doesn't player DVDs anymore. I'm using Nvidia DVD decoder and I get something about my DirectX version too low (I have 9.0x of course). The funny thing is that DVDs play fine in Media Player with NVDvd decoder. I went back to 76.41 (no mod) and Zoom Player works fine. Dont know if you have any ideas as to what might be causing this.

17. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    Why are you using zoom player? i use windvd platinum its just SOO much better and has so much better sound and video support. The only way to find out which tweak is causing zoom player to go berserk is to start taking out tweaks 1 by 1.ill dl zoom player and see if i get the same thing.

18. silentghost

silentghost New Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GT 256 MB
    these drivers royally messed my computer up. after i installed these, any windows media player video played on the internet would be slow and pretty much freeze the computer up. then after that, my screens resolution would get all weird and everything on screen(windows, etc.) would appear very big and the only way to get it back to normal would be to close the video that was trying to play. these also made my flight sim look very weird will AA 8x on. can anybody help me??? p.s. sorry if i sounded rude, but i am frustrated.

19. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Some problem again with your site no?

Sorry for you

20. GSB

GSB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 650
    I had the exact same problem. I had to alt tab then alt f4 windows until I could get back to the desktop.
    It did it with all different kind of drivers on my machine. However, to be fair to XG, I don't think it's his drivers that are causing it. I think it's a codec issue. Are you using any kind of codec package? (Kazaa Lite Mega Codec, ffd show..?) Also, I always have best results with mod drivers when my chipset drivers are the most up to date as possible.