Xfx scam?!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by [Drazio], Mar 26, 2012.

1. [Drazio]

[Drazio] Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    Hey, I'm about to sell my XFX card and I was going to look up the warranty info so I can give it to the buyer and I forgot my password.

After putting in my e-mail address so they send me my password it said your info has been sent to _____

All my info went to someone else?!

This is the right XFX site no?

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/Help/Support.aspx

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  2. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
  3. [Drazio]

[Drazio] Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    I entered my e-mail in the "forgot PW" field and instead of saying

"Password reset email has been sent to 'my email address'" it showed that other persons e-mail address.

I repeatedly kept entering my e-mail address and after hitting enter it would show his again...

Finally after a dozen tries I got it to list my e-mail...the reset info was finally sent to me, but when I would enter a new password nothing would happen.

After hitting enter the page would just refresh and it didn't comfirm weither or not the PW was changed. I tried logging in with the PW I desired and it didn't work.

Finally after a dozen or so attempts it accepted the PW and I managed to log in and get the info I needed, but I'm sure this guy has my info also..

Is this some scam? Was the XFX site hacked?...what the hell is going on?..

4. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    why dont u just email them and explain im sure they will fix it for you.

5. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    Sounds like your computer could have possibly been hacked and not exactly related to xfx' s website. What browser are you using? Have to tried a different one to retieve your password from xfx? How about trying a completely different computer?

6. [Drazio]

[Drazio] Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    I use Firefox and no I don't have any other computer at the moment.

A few days ago I reformatted, but I guess it's possible I was hacked.

Apparently the guy is Chinese (googling that e-mail), the only time I was on an Asian site was to look up leaked benchmarks on Kepler, but I think that was before I reformatted.

Anyways I managed to change my XFX PW as I said in my 2nd post...and I reformatted a few minutes ago..either way the guy still has my personal info, I don't know what else XFX would be able to do...weird stuff.

7. [Drazio]

[Drazio] Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    I know this is probably way too much to ask, but is anyone here with an XFX product willing to select the "forgot PW" option on the XFX site and see if this issue happens?

8. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Master Guru

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    I couldn't even register my card with them! I entered the code they gave me on their plastic
    "do not disturb" door thingy when I bought it NEW from SCAN, it was unrecognised!

9. demonspawn79

demonspawn79 New Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    Very sorry to necro this thread, but I just registered on the XFX support page a couple of days ago and literally hours after I did my battle.net account was hacked. I haven't been active on that account for roughly two years. My account has now been closed by battle.net due to exploits and I'm in the process of appealing. Coincidence? Possibly, but for now I will change all my passwords and have limited dealings with XFX.

10. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Did your computer get hacked? or stolen? Where's all your system specs? ;)

11. Andrés

Andrés Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2Gb
    I've just tried it and worked flawlessly.