XFX places Radeon R9 390X on website

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 8, 2015.

1. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    i think 290x has some good potential in dx 12.. though draw calls based benches and real games are different still 290x will be equivalent to titan or nearly as good as 980ti.. but the radeon fiji or furi or whatever the **** is very powerful.. use your common sense, if they didnt upgrade anything just added 4096 sadders and hbm memory it sud outperform 295x2.. or 290x in xfire.. caz all those shaders will be on one chip so it should give a 70% to 80% performance gain over 290x even if they haven't done any improvement in architecture.. now hbm itself will give a huge performance boost... i expect a 295x2 equivalent card.. btw i hope 390x can be a rebranded product but it has to reduce the power uses.. whatever they do the cheat and cheap nvidia will again play tricks like hairworks and make amd gpus underperform.. i want to go back to the time when consoles ware not the major gaming device.. when developers used to develop games for gamers not for the sponsor companies.. they do it caz their main earning source is not pc games but consoles.. and then they play with the pc version.. getting some money from nvidia or amd by using their technologies is a good way.. im ready to say good bye pc gaming within a decade... at least i ll be old by then.. :) no offence any one please dont attack me :p

2. Dazz

Dazz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Just wondering where people get the idea it's only going to be slightly faster than a 290X from? A titan X/980Ti has alot of bandwidth with 384bit memory interface whats not to say it's efficiently in the memory controller is much improved and what about shader processors? They maybe around the same clock speeds but i don't see anything to say it's the same amount of it could be 4096 processors for all we know, and that's assuming that the the thing doesn't have typos i.e GDDR5 rather than HBM or it could be 4GB HBM and 4GB GDDR5, it's still quite early.

3. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I am going to say this. I think in order for AMD to have a successful launch of the 3xx cards and the HBM cards is to get out the cards with the custom coolers ASAP and not wait like they did with the 2xx series cards and improve the reference cooler on the 390/X card.

4. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    I don't follow the logic here, the 980ti launched at a lower price than the 780ti did.

5. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 Ti FE
    I will reserve my final judgement 'till Hilbert reviews one. Otherwise any discusion what it can or can't do is pointless.

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Doesn't R&D stand for Rebrand & Distribution?

7. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    For me it's a price vs performance thing. I also still remember back in the ATI days when Nvidia cards might have been slightly faster but ATI had much better image quality. I have no idea if that is still true. I've never had an Nvidia card.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    I liked digital vibrance like many...
    Then I got AMD card again and calibrated monitor.
    Texture quality wise, they are equal now. Even while tunnel test shows that AMD has anisotropic filtering done better under certain angles (that definitely costs some performance and transistors).