1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XFX No Longer A Nvidia Partner

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Rich_Guy, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Fri4rTuck

Fri4rTuck Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Twin Frozr II
    This isn't going to work for Nvidia. If you remember, ATI made their own retail products back in the day and they don't anymore. I think there is more to this story that we are not being told.

2. fearsjohn

fearsjohn Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 1060
    not all of evga's stuff is reference based.

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    AMD/ATI still makes graphics cards. They just don't sell ATI branded graphics cards in retail anymore. Instead, they sell them through their AIBs as reference design cards. Most of the low-end and non-specialty cards are "Built by ATI" cards. Cheaper to sell a "built by ATI" card than to use custom PCBs for every card.

Show me an eVGA card produced recently, that doesn't use a reference style design.

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 FE +200/+430
    Actually no, For nvidia, zotac and Sparkle both offer life time other then EVGa.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    Zotac and Sparkle products hardly exist in the Kingdom of Kanadia so they usually won't be an option. Well, now that nVidia are alienating all their partners that explains why I actually see some out there.

6. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    I haven't been a NVIDIA fan for a long time (GF6800) tho GTX460 did got me somewhat excited again. But the direction NVIDIA is heading toward to gives me reason for concern (Fermi failure, NV vs APPLE, etc. etc..).

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Zotac and Sparkle both offer Lifetime warranties as well.

8. amieneel

amieneel Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    Never beleave any cheap comp like sparkle .. I had a sparkle 7600 gt, worrenty gone and my card had also gone within 2 months !!
    and it is not a hot news for me that xfx has lost partnership with nvidia, i got this news when i bought my 5770 ..

9. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    I would never buy Sparkle period, because their GPU cooler designs and color choices are ****ing awful rofl. But I'm just saying, they at least say they do.

10. Wokis

Wokis Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan

11. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970
    Zotac also offers a lifetime warranty with the same register within 30 days requirement.Jeez i should read the whole thread I see that has already been mentioned.To the comment about Sparkle and Zotac not available in Canada.Zotac is readily available I just bought 2 GTX 460's from Zotac and the guy at NCIX said they are making a big push to make inroads to the North American market so you will be seeing more of them in the future.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Don't forget PNY.

13. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    I think people are taking this too far. So what, one comapany leaves the Nvidia side of things, while new ones pop up, including Nvidia themselves selling mid range cards.

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  15. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury
    Really, no Sparkle or Zotac up here? You call yourself an "Ancient Guru"??? LOL I used to work at tigerdirect.ca so I actually KNOW how to find things. Let me help you out here:

Zotac:
    29 cards listed on newegg.ca, 24 cards listed on tigerdirect.ca and about 20+ cards listed on ncix.com (I'm too lazy to count them all).
    Sparkle:
    19 cards listed on newegg.ca, 39 cards listed on tigerdirect.ca and 1 card listed on ncix.com.

Soooo, uhhh, just how are they almost nonexistent? Every single card they make is available in Canada coast to coast. I think you should actually check things out before you make a post. I have personally held several sparkle and zotac cards in my hot little hands when I worked at tigerdirect.ca, that's how I knew you were... incorrect.

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    So, one of your first 3 postings is in response to a post that's 53 days old...and appear to be trolling at the same time. Not a good way to stick around here long.

Just what we need....a trolling thread necro...

17. DeathEvil

DeathEvil Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 470 GTX@800/1600/1700
    PNY warranty is stinky... If you read closely, it has lifetime warranty for the life of the GPU. That means, if they stop making 400series today, the warranty is over.

as far as I know, XFX and EVGA are the only real players in town when it comes to warranty. Zotac and Sparkle maybe, but I would not trust them just yet.

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Obviously you missed it as well..... 10-7-10 was the last posting in this thread before Avro Arrow necro'd the thread.

19. DeathEvil

DeathEvil Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 470 GTX@800/1600/1700
    No, I haven't. Since the thread was already bumped, I thought why not throw my 2 cents.

20. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    Fermi hardly has failed, but a late start, yes.

And wow this is an old thread. :banana:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010