XFX Geforce 6600 GT still bad, please read!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Gabe, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 8800GT OCable 715/2ghz
    yea I have, its still kinda bad proformance

2. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    and I have my ram set to ddr-333, I cant overclock neerly has high if its set to ddr-400, also I just called corsair,I found out the default ram timings 2.5-3-3-8, so I put it at that, next he said that the ram should be running in dual channel mode if its in slot 1 and 3 starting closest to the CPU, he said it should show dual channel or something at the post screen? I dont know, anyway, let me know how I can check to see if its in dual channel.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005
  3. _WONBIN_

_WONBIN_ Member

reinstall Operating System

4. wilks

wilks Active Member

GPU:
    MSI nx-6600 gt AGP
    one thing you can do is under your video card settings i noticed in your overclocking tab, you have is set to 2d (default).

you would need to select manual overclocking and than select 3d in the pull down menu.. i also check the fan always on option and the apply these settings at start up option

5. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    I havent changed anything in the overclocking tab, notta thing

6. Killgore

Killgore Member

GPU:
    EVGA 7800 GTX
    Typically dimm slots 1 & 2 are for the 1st channel, and slots 3 & 4 are for the 2nd channel. If you have 2 sticks of ram you should fill slot 1 and slot 3 and your motherboard should auto-detect it can run in duel channel mode and typically your bios will tell you its running in dual channel mode. Other things can cause your motherboard to not run in dual channel mode, but if you have identical sticks of ram (same manufacturer and same size) in slots 1 and 3 you should be good to go.

If your motherboard bios has some ghey image its showing instead of the standard bios boot screen you can turn off that splash screen in your bios. Asus boards are known for this ghey splash screen.... so go turn that crap off so you can see what your computer is doing when it boots. In your bios in the "Boot" screen set "Full Screen Logo" to disabled.

7. wilks

wilks Active Member

GPU:
    MSI nx-6600 gt AGP
    change it to 3d at least

8. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    yea I changed it to 3d, also I still cant tell if its in dual channel:( Also the system seems to freaze or restart if I have the memory set on ddr-400

9. _WONBIN_

_WONBIN_ Member

try reinstall Operating System
    maybe it's problem

10. wilks

wilks Active Member

GPU:
    MSI nx-6600 gt AGP
    well i don't know much of anything about your mb and setting in bios maybe best thing to do is put everything back to bios defaults and go from there!!!

good luck

11. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    FOR THE LAST TIME

3DMARKS IS CRAP!

IT IS SO USELESS

WHY DO U USE THAT POS PROGRAM

12. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    well, the ram is kinda not an issue now, its so freaking fast I kinda dont care, maybe I'll call corsair up tomorrow or something, back to why I started this thread was my card still wasent doing very well, Iam getting like 50/60/70 FPS in farcry singleplayer demo, I think its on maybe low settings, is that good FPS for my card or what? still trying to figure out if I should keep it or not

13. Lostfaith

Lostfaith Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8800GTS 320MB SC // X1250
    dude... again: the card is fine (your scores indicate a lot of improvement when you up your system specs)

and of course your memory is async & has misconfiguration (thought that from the first page of this thread, hence the pushing for cpu-z screenshots :D)

try upping your ram's voltage to 2.7/2.8 for ddr400 speeds and run your FSB:RAM 1:1
    here's some more info:
    http://www.bytesector.com/data/bs-article.asp?ID=271&page=4

(your mobo's seems not the greatest, but maybe bios update will help)

14. Killgore

Killgore Member

GPU:
    EVGA 7800 GTX
    So aparently we have to spend $2,000 dollars to make our budget graphics card perform as it should. Ohhhh the irony...

15. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    I do have the latest bios and I got the ram running in dual channel mode

16. Lostfaith

Lostfaith Master Guru

GPU:
    looks like you completely don't know what you're talking about.

posting and smoking crack don't go together, choose one or the other.

17. Lostfaith

Lostfaith Master Guru

GPU:
    how did you verify that? did you fix it or was it running in dual channel already?
    and is your ram running @ full spec(fsb:ram 1:1) & spd-settings (latencies)?

18. Killgore

Killgore Member

GPU:
    EVGA 7800 GTX
    Maybe you should read the entire thread and look at the big picture... or perhaps you need me to spell it out for you.

19. Pigchild

Pigchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    I had simmilar problems with my XFX 6600GT. Tried everything, no dice. I RMA'd mine and bought a Jaton 6800.

It's stable, OC's well and it works well with my Intel MOBO and my benchmarks are even a little better that what others have posted from their 6600GT cards.

I don't think the problem is Nvidia, I think XFX must have used some low grade crap when they put theirs together because everyone seems to be having trouble with their XFX 6600's.

I know I will never buy an XFX card ever again.

Good Luck, and don't wait too long on that RMA. The longer you wait the less chance you will have of getting a refund.:D

20. Lostfaith

Lostfaith Master Guru

GPU:
    look at gabe's other thread I referred to in this thread before you make nonsense comments.

and you better stop posting cause:
    A) you are not helping at all in this thread.
    B) you insist on being an ignorant retard by having retarded comments while not reading the whole threads.

gabe could you direct this not knowing sob back to where he came from?