XFX and EVGA no longer Nvidia only, dare it be with Intel?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Stukov, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Well, ol Charlie over at the Inquirer is reporting XFX and EVGA are no longer nVidia only partners, having signed the papers with their new partner. However, suspiciously he says "The really interesting part is who they defected to, and it isn't ATI." I can only assume it would mean they signed up to make Intel's new graphics card Larrabee?

2. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Intel has always had a graphics line for onboard such as those within certain desktops or laptops so if they are trying to game more market ground then great..good for them.

3. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    intel not all that bad. Problem is, Charlie is an idiot. So his "news" isn't really news.

4. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Calling him an idiot is being overly kind.

5. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Charlie is lots of things, an idiot isn't one of them. He has keen insights into companies by great use of insiders, however, his over glaring flaw is his anger. It typically makes him look through glasses of bias.

He is a bit paranoid and he is quite an nVidia loather (because of what they did to him) so some of this articles spin a bit pro-AMD/ATI and a heavy anti-MS/Nvidia. But the truth is he usually gets a good amount of things right (and things that most people don't know or aren't predicting) - its just he exaggerates because of his biases.

But the Inq isn't know for straight home grown corn fed straight up tech news site, its a tech tabloid. If you can remember that bit, its much easier to read. I used to always check on the Inquirer, but over the past year I've found that Fudzilla or various message boards around the world wide wibble is better with some up to date rumor or news. Not that I am plugging for Fud or whatever, they just happen to be posting news at he same time I'm at work bored - but I can't stand either sites reviews. Thats goes 100% for Guru3d and Anandtech (though I prefer Anand to Derrick Wilson who has been doing some of the more recent reviews of computer hardware and Anand is doing ugh..iPhone reviews).

6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I would take that with a grain of salt , in my opinion thats very hard to believe.

7. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    That would be indeed very interesting. After all the past rumors, it could very well be Intel, imo. I guess, we'll find out very soon.

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Heh, all the fuss about Intel's Larabee... Anyone thought it might be S3 ?
    Partnering with XFX and eVGA would be awesome and this could also mean a breakthrough into budget and mainstream segment where S3 is targeting their cards.
    I mean even if they don't offer highest end cards it would be a nice addition.

9. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    S3 might be a possibility, too, but I don't think either XFX or EVGA would partner with S3, imo. ;)

10. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Why not? They already have the high end market covered by NVIDIA and AMD. Low and mainstream isn't all that well and S3 would fit there perfectly. But then again i might be wrong and Matrox is coming back lol...

11. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Dare I call him a douchebag ? as well as a moron, but idiot .... I wouldn't dare

12. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    You are right, calling Charlie an idiot is far too kind.

I don't think he has any insight at all since many of his "predictions" turn out to be halfway correct. And by halfway, I mean what he ripped off from other sites.

He is just some angry fool who got a computer and started typing.

13. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Until the news start popping up on other sites, or official statements are posted on both EVGA and XFX's sites then I take this with salt.

14. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    A douchebag could be more accurate than an idiot.

It could be be S3, I didnt even think of that. Thats a good pick up there Cyber.

15. MrBozack

MrBozack Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7850OC Windforce
    I used to own a few S3 Savage4 cards. They were great Voodoo beaters!
    I really hope to see a return of S3 to the graphics card arena.

..prolly is Intel though. :(

16. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    Talking about the Inquirer and S3... Here's an article from 2006:

http://www.theinquirer.net/en/inquirer/news/2006/11/23/s3-roadmap-reveals-dx10-and-101-chips